Favorite Creature

What is your Favorite Creature in Black and White 1 and Creature Island. And Why?

• Ape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bear

• Chicken

• Croc

• chimp

• Cow

• Gorilla

• Horse

• Leopard

• Lion

• Mandrill

• Polar Bear

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rhino

• Sheep

• Tiger

• Turtle

• Wolf

• Zebra

• None

• Total voters
I should like the Turtle.
Turtles are my favorite animal and I love the looks of the one in this game (noticed most people don't like the good turtle, but I love it!)
Still... after trying most of the creatures in this game I seem to be drawn to the leopard. I don't mind the way he learns slow, and I like the bost in power.

Rhino,gorilla,crocodile,turtle those creatures are my favorite and will always  be :D

I have not completely tested all creatures, but this is my list as of now  :yourock: :
1  Brown Bear (he rocks at fighting imo)
2 Zebra (Ever beat Naxo or Mecurio with a Zebra?  The finishing special move is both epic and funny)
3 Wolf (epic creature)
4 Lion (Good fighter)
5 Chimp (an Ape with a bit of a sharper edge)
6 Gorilla (the first (and only) time I beat B&W1 I had a Gorilla by my side)
7 Tiger (first time I beat CI I had a Tiger, a tad thick, but pretty good fighter)
8 Ape (my first creature was an Ape (hence my username, AppleApe))

Here is my list, from the one I like the most to the one I like the less :p

1. Cow (It's first on the list really only because it is the creature I'm most used with. I picked it since the game is released and for some reason, it's the creature I most love to use since then.)
2. Leopard (Most listening creature I ever had and a perfect defender, plus its speed.)
3. Gorilla (Same reasons as the leopard, just not as fast.)
4. Horse (Best choice for a 100% benevolent god, which I am.)
5. Zebra (Same reasons as the horse, but unicorns rock more!)
6. Sheep (If not for the reasons I wrote, this is where the cow would be, and I don't know which would be above. Extremely loyal creature and looks awesome when 100% good.)
7. Chimp (Fastest learner... 'nuff said.)
8. Ape (Second fastest learner as a starting creature... and gives access to the chimp.)
9. Lion (I find it best suited for evil gods, but a high strenght paired with high learning speed is not to be underestimated.)
10. Brown Bear (Best fighter and isn't stubborn.)
11. Polar Bear (Just like the brown bear. Consider it a tie between those two fellas.)
12. Turtle (Although it requires a little more supervision in the beginning, it's an overall awesome creature.)
13. Mandrill (Easy to craft at your preferences. Fights okay, learns okay, looks okay... Comparable to a Washburn XM guitar, fits any style without being too special.)
14. Wolf (It may be just me or I was unlucky every time I tried it, but I never found anything special about it except how he looks when 100% good... which I hate. Despite that, I'd compare it to a Kramer guitar: good... but overestimated in my opinion.)
15. Tiger (If only it would've understood from the endless slaps I ended up giving him as a result of losing my patience and giving up my sanity trying to tell him not to do something or another... Although sometimes when I picked it it decided to listen to me without too much trouble, 89% of my tests with it, it would just end up being the most stubborn creature in the entire game, period. Not to mention he's the slowest learner...)

I'll list the CI only creatures apart because they're only playable in CI (yup, who would've guessed, haha).

1. Chicken (A mandrill specwise with a horse mindset (I'm not sure about the latter characteristic, but everytime I tested it it seemed to be that way and it's a little too far in my memory to tell if it was because of how I train my creatures or if it actually is that way). A custom guitar for benevolent gods.)
2. Rhino (I didn't test that one as many times as the other creatures, but from what I remember... uglier than the wolf at 100% good and also dumber. I didn't like it very much.)
3. Crocodile (I seriously wanted it to be at the first position, he looks so awesome and his dance is so metal  :yourock: that if he would've moved as fluidly as any other creature in B&W, he would have been. But unfortunately, it is not the case. His moves are broken... Nearly unusable... ...yup... ...I'm sad right now...)

So yup, that was my list, from my favorite creature to my less favorite :p

P.S.: Just to prevent a useless debate, please note that this listing is based upon my experience throughout the tests I made in my games for my style of playing and MY way to educate each and individual creature. That means that you might adore a creature that I dislike, and that's what makes this game awesome :p Don't forget that it only is and will always be a personal taste :) 

I hate necro posting this forum needs the traffic.
Tiger all the way slow to learn but also  slow to forget and powerful.

I'd prefer a creature I could have from Land 1 onward.

Ape
Cow
Tiger
Leopard
Horse
Sheep
Mandrill
Gorilla

Of these, I'd eliminate the lowest running speed tier.

Ape
Tiger
Leopard
Horse
Mandrill

If he should get fat, though, I don't want it to ruin his image.

Ape
Mandrill

And I buy Gremxula's argument that smarter isn't necessarily better because it can more easily let your creature learn things you don't intend it learn. (Nor, in my opinion, is stupidest necessarily best, but that's irrelevant on the list now.)

That yields Mandrill as the best pick for me.

Go for the mandrill. I never really tried it, the Tiger just worked for me and  my playing style, both SP and MP.
A full sized Tiger well trained  with 3-4 miracles will/can take out any enemy MP or Skirmish.................. Enough spoilers.

The Sheep is the best creature for me hands down. I've used the cow, horse, mandrill and rhino for long periods too, but I always go back to my golden goat (swear it looks more like a goat at 100% angelic) I recently switched from the horse, which would be my second favorite. The only thing I really dislike about the horse is that it's so loud... during cutscenes, it just won't shut up and it's vocals are kind of irritating.

I like the wolf but the evil turtle is cool too.

The evil turtle looks a bit like Bowser from Super Mario 64.

Back