Favorite Creature

What is your Favorite Creature in Black and White 1 and Creature Island. And Why?

• Ape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bear

• Chicken

• Croc

• chimp

• Cow

• Gorilla

• Horse

• Leopard

• Lion

• Mandrill

• Polar Bear

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rhino

• Sheep

• Tiger

• Turtle

• Wolf

• Zebra

• None

• Total voters

Noscere

I saw this post in the BOTG forum and noticed that a few people were saying that the creatures in B&W 2 seem robotic and that the creatures in Black and White were better, so I thought I would start the same poll here.

So.... vote for your favorite Creature in Black and White 1 and Creature Island here and say why it is your favorite.

To start My fav critter is now the Lion. I have spent nearly all my B&W game time playing the Tiger but after my recent probs with the game I started over and played the Lion. I have found that he seems to learn new things alot faster than the Tiger, dont know if he learns as fast as an Ape but he seems to me to be a fast learner and he has the power to survive in a fight with a creature more powerfull than himself.

Ah, many a poll like this was done back in B&W1's prime, but seeing as there hasn't been one about this for such a long time, I don't see the harm. 

Firstly, let me point out that while I gree for the most part that the B&W1 creatures were better, they did have their own faults:

• So many of them were copies of another, e.g. Ape/Gorilla/Mandrill, Tiger/Lion/Leopard, Horse/Zebra, etc.
  • There were some bad habits you could never teach them out of, e.g. zapping your temple to fry the birds around it if they were bored
  • A little known bug where if they did an action and weren't rewarded/punished for it, they were automatically rewarded 10% praise for it, meaning the older a creature got, the more crazy he got about some things you wanted him doing a little of.
  • You weren't able to get him to learn specific actions, e.g. attack these types of villages but protect these ones

These are to name but a few.  But with all that said, I have to say I liked the Ape the best.  Most of my creatures were Apes (with the exception of the Polar Bear you see in my sig below).  They were fast learners and always fun to play with.  Despite not looking as graphically good as his B&W2 counter-part, I still believe to this day that the Ape was more animated and had more character than what followed afterwards.  For me, I think it was in the eyes/eyebrows. They were used alot more for their expressions.  You'd never see a B&W2 Ape make an expression like this:

Sunk2.txt

Also, unless a B&W2 creature is fighting, all his actions seem more subdued, I mean you'd never see your creature get excited and jump in the air like this:

Yipee.txt

I think it's more just down to the fact that our creatures were more child-like in B&W1 and were more fun because of it  :yes .

Ok, I need to stop rambling now.  On with the poll :D .

definatly the wolf because he was agile and i liked his evli/neutral form absolutly hated the good wolf :( :)

My favorite creature is the Croco.
He cast good the fast Spell and he build very good.

well mine was the horse... mainly coz the game that i spent ages playing had the horse, and i had it soo good :D.
also i thought the horse was a good balance between fast learner and good

Long term fan of black and white and now a lover of CI but unfortunatly not going to be able to get B&W2 due to my sis graphics card (Curse my bad luck) But anyway I love the Ape because it reminds me og the librarion from the terry pratchett books  :laugh:

Gorilla, hands down. Not so much the good gorilla, he doesnt look -too- bad, but the neutral gorilla looks mean as hell and the evil gorilla with his tiny eyes and sloping forehead looks about ready to bash a small city into the ground with a tree. Hes strong as hell and while some say primate fighting moves are dumb looking i just dont think you have them strong enough. my gorilla is at about 95% strength and when he punches something it looks just fine. Hes supposedly no good at tending villages, thats complete bull, about 5 hours of training got him helping friendly villages in all of his spare time. I like the gorilla because hes smart enough to learn to take care of friendly villages, strong enough to smash enemy villages and creatures, and fat enough to take a serious beatting and not be overly phased by it. I started out with the tiger, and let me tell you, that thing is -stupid-. Ive never seen any of my creatures win a fight by less than a 90% health margin, i just dont think any of the singler player AI is good enough, and my gorilla is smart enough to chain attacks pretty well on his own, though he doesnt seem to want to use lightning at all, but thats pretty much all i have to help him with in a battle. I did notice one thing about the gorilla though, and i dont know if this was a randomized variable or what, but hes not big on spells at all. took him 3 hours to be broken of the urge to throw trees in the village store instead of using miracle wood, and another 2 to get him to throw fireballs and lightning instead of rocks.

Hey and welcome to our forums. :)

One of my regular creatures was a gorilla and I liked to refer to him as a big strong dumb ape. They might not be as fast at picking up on things as the ape, but I found the gorilla much easier to train than the ape. Mine didn't have a problem with miracles and liked to use a mix of miracles as well as story telling and dancing to impress other villages.

They're not the quickest and the fighting style isn't the greatest. But like you mentioned, when properly trained they can put up a good fight against any creature type. :)

i always liked the tiger and leopard the best myself, they may not be the sharpest but they are fighters for sure and i always found them easy to mold and shape to my will

and no i havent seen an ape from bw2 make a face like that fenton, but ive never seen them burrow under ground either  :laugh2

Defiantly the tiger, yes i god bored of him because he is a default creature and i always picked him but seeing the look on his face as the camera zooms in as you pick him is cute. Yes he does not pickthings up as quick as some other creatures but he was built for strenght and nothing could stand in his way. But when it came to black and white 2 it all changed to a lion but overall the tiger has been the most loyal and will always be on the list and the number one mark of favorite creatures

i found the ape to actually be -too- smart. he picks up on alot of activities which are useless, and seems to go insane pretty easily. despite the obvious advantage of being able to learn miracles so quickly, this is in turn pretty useless in the long run, once he knows the ones you want him to do, and the same goes for learning skills quickly (good ones) because once you have him doing what you want him to do intelligence is secondary. The gorilla is pretty slow for sure, that infact is his primary flaw in my opinion, but the strength and fat combo makes him viable in a fight, and properly trained he can definitely lay down the perverbial smack.

Like most games, especially those with an online community, people tend to boil the mechanics of the game down to the raw numbers, and then make choices based on those. Starcraft is an example of a game that ceased to be half as much fun once the community had figured out a formula for victory, and refined the game down to the activity of performing specific actions at specific times according to a list of instructions in order to win... IE, build X building at X time, make X number of X unit from X building at X time, etcetera, until the entire game came down to following the mathematically precise instructions of a few people who "figured out" the game. The same thing to some extent happens with creatures in black and white, people choosing based on a table of statistics on speed strength intelligence etc... i chose the gorilla not for his set of natural attributes, but because i felt the gorilla best represented the personality and style i wish to put through the game on my behalf. Many Many people use the lion, because all around he seems to have the best stats, and while i cant dispute that most cats could cut my gorilla a new one, that doesnt matter as much to me as having a creature i can honestly say represents my mentality.

you make a valid point everyone should choose a creature that represents them  best it dosnt matter what their stats are ive always stuck to that idea, and if i had a choice of any of the primates it would be the gorilla mostly because its rear (so to speak) does not stick out as much    :laugh:

"like your friends for their defects not their assets"

I like to use the lion. Whenever I use the croc to pick up something, it just goes to it looks the other way then doesn't do anything

My favorite Creature is the leopard because he's very cute :)cuddly and can destroy a hole village if he wants :angry:

I'm also a big cat lover

Favorite animal:The Black Panther *roars* :cool:

I found the zebra to be a good choice, i did use kong to change to him for a test, and when i did he was better then my last creature because he paied more attention and was better at being good. His comabt is fairly weak but his skills are running and learning.

I would have to say the...Wolf i always wanted a wolf but never knew how to get one But once i found Kayssplace i downloaded the "Creature Changer" Thing-a-ma-bob so i tryed the wolf for awhile i really liked him ^^ so i kept the wolf and im really happy with the wolf  :yes they learn at just the right pace for me so they dont learn weird things or over-do them

For black and white the original, I like the wolf. Although, when he turns purple it looks a little... disturbing. For creature Isle I like the croc, I like the scalies, what can I tell you? Hah. As far as why I like the wolf, I've always been fond of wolves, plus, it looks right when you have him cast the wolves miracle. I've always thought it looked strange, to have a bunch of wolves coming out of a cow, or tiger, or sheep, etc.

Mmmm yeah but what about the sheep,seeing the sheep casting the wolves miracle it is much odder than seeing a tiger doing this thing. :laugh2  :laugh:

Back