Resource icon

Fat Omens Training Camp 1.0.0

There doesn't seem to be any intro about this map, so after trying it, I thought I'll add my two cents here.

The Basics:
1.Three large creatures for fights
2.All or most of the miracle dispensers
3.Your village with needs met.
4.An additional village with 10000 belief points to practise covertion on.
5.Two mini creature as "helpers" in your village. (Not sure how much use they serve though...)

Good Points:
1. Large areas of land for your creature to roam, excercise and play in. This was something the other sandbox maps often lacked, as I personally think flat open spaces of land are important if you want to train without hurting people.(Not quite enough though, as the landscape is still rather bumpy, with too many open spaces drenched in water.)

2. Lots of drink points so your creature doesn't have to always make the sometimes long trip to the beach for water. (Might be a little too much though...)

3. Lots of forests. Yes, they are important in making a good sandbox; otherwise how are we suppose to teach our creatures the values of nature conservation without any forests or trees? (Seasoned players should know why it is so important to replant trees and have a creature who knows how to do it.)

Problems:
1. Not enough fish farms, and none close by. Fish is probably the best food for feeding your creature, yet there is NONE conveniently near your village.

2. The miracle dispensers are too far away. Since I'm trying to keep the generally good alignment, and definitely want to keep my creature's rainbow color, I like to have the offensive miracle dispensers further away from civillization, but for all other miracles, it definitely helps to have them in the appropriate places, or at the very least, nearby the village/s.

3. There is no water OR FOOD source for the three large creatures in the pen. Even though they're all obviously overweight, they'll still eventually weaken. That will not produce very good opponents for the fights.

Conclusion:
Despite the problems, in my opinion, this map is still the best among the three sandbox training maps I've tried, which are: Fat Omen's Training Camp, The Ultimate Sandbox Map, and Pre-School.

Mark:
Fat Omen. You put a lot of work into this, me and the rest of the boys down here at the Creed love it, and we have much love for you. Keep up the good work.

Troy: Awesome work. Whatever Mark said.

BJ and Greg: We love this work and we hope you do it again. TWINS OUT!

Back