Fast Charging Epic Miracles for both black and white 2 and battle of the gods

cheshcat92

So I am trying to figure out how to have cheap wonders so I don't have to waste resources and how to make them charge faster can anyone help me?

It is a game. The idea is to play and enjoy. Free stuff never works.;)

This is a guide I wrote when I was a kid for editing various values. It covers cheap building, cheap spells, etc. If I remember right, there was never a way to directly edit the charge rate for wonders (I could be wrong). But I did find that if you were willing to take the "evil" hit, you could just build a ton of punishment spikes around the base of the wonder to speed up the charge. Just build it away from your village so the proximity doesn't nuke the happiness values.

P.S. Can't remember if it is mentioned but any changes you make will only apply to a new game. Making changes and loading into an existing save won't do anything for you.

Last edited:

This fine human offered some updates for my old guide and even an answer for the wonders specifically. Cheers!

Isn't that cheating?:(
Depends on your definition of cheating. Considering this is a mostly single player experience, and an old one at that, editing game values is the same thing as installing a new creature skin. You're just modding for your own pleasure. Sure, you may be "cheating yourself" if you've never played the game and just make it stupid easy out the gate. But most of us are old Gods and want to have some fun with this geriatric game, lol.

Depends on your definition of cheating. Considering this is a mostly single player experience, and an old one at that, editing game values is the same thing as installing a new creature skin. You're just modding for your own pleasure. Sure, you may be "cheating yourself" if you've never played the game and just make it stupid easy out the gate. But most of us are old Gods and want to have some fun with this geriatric game, lol.
FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT TRYING TO BE CRITICAL.
This is just an exercise in polemy.
I am playing this game on and off since it came out, and even then I was no teenager. What you say is correct only if you make the game more challenging. That I would understand and makes sense. Making a game easier serves no other purpose than satisfying your ego with just another win, and it will always feel a little cheap. You do not win life, you live it!

FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT TRYING TO BE CRITICAL.
This is just an exercise in polemy.
I am playing this game on and off since it came out, and even then I was no teenager. What you say is correct only if you make the game more challenging. That I would understand and makes sense. Making a game easier serves no other purpose than satisfying your ego with just another win, and it will always feel a little cheap. You do not win life, you live it!
Lol, I apologize if I came across in a less than friendly manner. Wasn't my intention. Look. I understand what you mean by making the experience feel cheap. But modding a game to be easier or harder isn't usually about ego, being cheap, or life. It's about enjoying a video game the way you like. For whatever reasons someone may have. And that's okay. An exercise in opposition just doesn't make sense here. The OP just wanted some help. You don't live a game, you play it.

P.S. When I wrote that old clunky guide. I was someone who had already beaten the game multiple times. I wanted to experiment and have fun beyond what the base game allowed for. Does free building and instant miracles make things easy? Yes, yes it does. But it makes things FUUUN. I could build huge towns easily, raise massive armies, and play with fireballs and lightning to my heart's content. I wanted to be God with no limits and go nuts. That was my reasoning for cheating and living my life.
:p

Last edited:
Thanks. I appreciate.
I myself’s didn’t want to come across as a GOF.
Love the game, love how much effort people put in towards bettering it by modding. I might have a different philosophy approaching life. Still didn’t learn not to write down right away what I am thinking. Patience is not my strongest virtue.

Reactions: Nym
Back