Failed to load dll: E. Can any computer nerds help me? =P

Blaagh

Well a long time ago my B&W started acting really, really glitchy. Crashing all the time, stuff not working right etc. So I tried to uninstall it and got the error shown in the picture below. I was confused, very confused. I don't even know what a dll is! Anyway, i went to program files and deleted the B&W file, hoping it would be uninstalled if I did that. It was kinda, but then again it wasn't. =S All these months later I decided to play B&W again, and I get the same error mentioned before when i tried to install.
untitled.jpg

Damn it! I want to play! I'm sure there's plenty of computer nerds here, tell me how to fix this! xS Oh and if it matters, i used to use that CachePack thingy ALOT, could that have something to do with this?

What drive is your CD-ROM?

If you tried to re-install after just deleting the folders, you should of received another error. I'm wondering if the CD is scratched or dirty.

clean your cd and then try again

or you must buy a new cd or or when yo already boud black and white use a no cd crack but only when your cd do not work

Kays said:
What drive is your CD-ROM?

If you tried to re-install after just deleting the folders, you should of received another error. I'm wondering if the CD is scratched or dirty.
Drive name is E:

I just took a look and there is an E.dll on the CD. So cleaning the CD would be the first thing to try.

Can I just ask how you attempted to uninstall the game? Because not doing it right could have made a giant problem with it.

Alkatraz2212 said:
Can I just ask how you attempted to uninstall the game? Because not doing it right could have made a giant problem with it.
I tried uninstalling it from Add and Delete Programs, that didn't work for some reason so then i deleted the file from my Program Files folder

Thats the usual way people screw up.
It leaves you in a position where you can't install or un-install.
As I have just got back from the pub it would be better if some one else  told you how exactly how to remove the entries from your system registry,  to allow the game to be re-installed.
Messing with your SYS REG is serious stuff  so you need a clear head to do it.

Unfortunatly, I have never toyed with registry myself, it's far to serious to do for a twelve-year-old, which is why I always had my older brother perform any "surgery" on my registry set-up. You should either wait for Grem to get a clear head to tell you, or have someone else to tell you.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E51B4CD9-A0A6-4324-B26A-31B3F2DE26CE}

That's what you need to delete in the registry to be able to reinstall it.

Go into the registry and delete it. Also delete any keys with Black & White and/or Lionhead in them

Start >> Run >> type in "regedit" (without the quotes) >> Ctrl+F for find and input the last bit of that  string.

Before making any changes in the registery, back it up first. Right click on "My Computer" on the top and choose "Export"

Sorry for double posting but.....IT WORKED! IT FREAKING WORKED!!!  :yourock:  :yourock:  :cheers  :cheers

Back