Extracting the models #2

ego533

So, I'm apparently making useful progress, so i thought I'd start another thread, hehe.. There's still a long way to go, however.

Model, morphs, UV, normals can be extracted and put back. Once I complete understanding the other numbers like the edge arrays, skin & bone weights, etc., mesh polygons can be edited also (if I can figure it out). The hair still needs a little work. I understand how to edit it, but I would like to contruct an easy way to edit the mesh without having to edit all of the hair on it, like finding the nearest new face-plane from the old hair location and updating the hair-vertices automatically.

One of the first things I wanted to check out was the dumb "wolf's face problem." It's obvious why it happens, looking at the morphs.. one of the tooth-edge faces morphs all the way outside the face.. I think it's easy to fix. If I can do this, I'll upload a mod to fix the wolf's face.

I realized I forgot to include the eye-sections in the exports I did, oops.. pictures below.

-ego533

That would be terrific if you could fix the Wolf's face!  Oh, what program are you using? It reminds me of ZBrush...

This is "Poser". It is an easy-to-use model posing program, not a true modeling program. It is easy to use for testing model-morphs. Extracting the UV's should help in creating creature skins, since a model with UVs can be imported into a program like ZBrush and then the model painted on directly. This can be used to fix seams, create more detail, and so forth.

The work I am doing now is focusing on the creature models. Assuming I don't lose motivation, I will look at BWM files after completing the creature extraction.

-ego533

Back