Erg!

Zebramage

Hey, a few weeks ago my computer crashed and EVERYTHING was deleted.  Well, we got it back up, and I decided to reinstall BW1 today.  Well, whenever I doubleclick the icon, the logo and a window come up like normal, but then nothing, the window doesn't maximize and let me play BW, it just disappears.  Idk if this is in relation to my computer needing an updated video driver to play Guild Wars or not, but it's very annoying =/.  I was hoping to make a practice map for my beginner friend when he borrows BW1 from me this coming Tuesday, but now I can't >.<  Help would be greatly appreciated :D

Have you installed the V1.20 patch? ???

What's your video card?

Yes I've installed it.  And I have absolutely NO idea what vid card we have XD, yeah such a big help I am I know, /endsarcasm ^^
Is there a way I can find out what card we have?

But before the crash, BW1 ran fine, so I don't see what the problem is =/

I forgot about that problem. But that should be corrected with SP2.

To find out what your video card is. Start >> Run. Type in dxdiag. The vido card is shown under the Display tab.

I doubt the computer is updated as much as it was before the crash, and I'm not sure about this, but is DirectX the card? Because under DirectX Features all three things say not available...  HOPEFULLY this helped lol I'm not really computer smart XD.  Oh and on the bottom in "Notes" it says the system is using a generic video card and to install one from the manufacturer... Um?

Thanks for the help

Run the Windows update and see if it helps.

Rerun DXDiag and on the first page click on "Save Information". Which should save the results as a .txt file and attach it to a post so we can have a look at it.

What brand and model PC is it?

I had an old computer that wouldn't play BW1 after a while even though it used to fine.  It had a problem sort of like that, except no "window" popped up when I clicked the icon.

I couldn't play it until I got a new computer ;_;

I don't know how to run new updates now, before there had always been an icon on the toolbar, but not anymore >.<

Updates can be found in the Control Panel. If there's no icon for it check the Security Center

Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver.  Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available.  You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
        Sound Tab 1: No sound card was found.  If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

There should be a CD which came with the PC which has all of the drivers for it. Find it and run it. It should install some decent drivers for both your video and sound cards.

In the Control Panel Open "System", click on the "Hardware" tab and then the  "Device Manager" button. What is the name shown under "Display Adapters" ?

I didn't see anything called display adapters... Only "adaptors" I saw were network adaptors =/

Hey I have a disk that says Sound Blaster X-Fi.  Is this for the sound driver?  Should I install it?  I'm looking for the video cd right now.[br][br]Added: [time]-18001[/time]Ooo could this be it? It's called "Application already installed on your computer" and it's for reinstalling antivirus, support, multimedia, and internet softwares.  Could the Multimedia software be what I'm looking for?

NOW I've found a cd named Drivers and user documentation.  Is this what I'm looking for?  XD sorry triple post (yay for the edit option! :D)

Ok I know it's not exactly B&W based, but when I tried to install the audio driver, it required me to restart the computer, I did, and it came up and was about to install and then it says "the system you are using doesn't support the driver you are trying to install."  Anyone know what to do? B&W isn't as enjoyable without sound... XD

Is there an other option for drivers. Maybe you chose the wrong one.

Did you install the "Application already installed on your computer" CD. Maybe it's on there.

All that cd does is install Dell PowerDVD...

And that one audio driver was the only option I had for audio =/[br][br]Added: [time]1188841195[/time]Oh and it's Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver that I'm trying to install if that tells you anything that can help =/

Look in Device Manager and see if you can find the name of the audio card.

Sorry, where is Device Manager?[br][br]Added: [time]1188851165[/time]Hah, I feel stupid, ok I found it, but I can't seem to find the name of the audio card, unless "Legacy" is  the name, it said "Legacy Audio Drivers" but idk if that's what I'm looking for or not =/

Try this. I think it's the proper driver.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/OTHER-SOUNDCARDS/Sigmatel-STAC-92XX-C-Major-HD-Audio.shtml

Back