ehh some thoughts..

Zackers14

Elder
I may have posted this a while back but oh well :laugh2
Me and my cousin one day were thinking. Wouldnt it be awsome if in b&w 3 or 4 if they make one your creature started out as a simple oversized four legged walking animal. It was slightly bigger then the other animals of its species and it started out walking on 4 legs. It learned from villagers how to walk upright how to fight from soldiers and from you it learned good and bad. it keeps trying and trying to walk upright or fight until it finally does it.

All the godly and thinking things liek weightlifting or stuff it learns from you. it learns to eat by itself from the villagers and you. and then the rest like b&w or B&w2. I really think your creature is more of a program in B&w2. in b&w1 it has a purpose. U cant survive without it. u need to do a trial to get one.
it kills nemesis
and stuff. just some ideas.. post some of ur ideas or how u like or dislike soem of my ideas

Also,  the whole idea of the perfect creature training for B&W2 is quite divided.  Some prefer the very quick and transparent way you can teach him in B&W2, while some would prefer for some mystery to remain like in B&W1 only without all the bugs :p .

while some would prefer for some mystery to remain like in B&W1 only without all the bugs

I thought it was the bugs which caused most of the mystery of training a BW1 creature. :p

i liked the way you tought ur creature and how he learned things in bnw1 much better tha bnw2. in bnw2 you just buy knoledge.
(i'm giong to strat donig taht tihng in the can you raed tihs therad)

Kays said:
I thought it was the bugs which caused most of the mystery of training a BW1 creature. :p

:D :D

I agree with Kays  :laugh2

Heh, what I meant to say waas that your creature actually learned things in the first game and you didn't just buy his abilities.  Also, he didn't tell you everything.  Now while frustrating, it was also rewarding when you finally got him to be the way you wanted.

Persoanlly, I see an RPG format working well here:

The story should start out on a  peaceful land with small quests for you and your creature to do, over the course of which he can also learn his basic skills and become more powerful.  If the player wants, he can spend more time on this opening land spending the time to train their creature up further before choosing for the story to continue by some means (clicking on a scroll for the next plot point just strikes me as wrong). 

The way this matches up to the RPG format is that you can rush through the game without focusing much on upgrading your character, i.e. your creature or you can spend time moulding him into the powerful juggernaut you want him to be at the start and reap the benefits.

At certain points in the story (like in an RPG) there should be lulls in the combat to allow you  recover and train some more if you so wish (perhaps not always at the end of every lad for a bit of variety).  By following this format, players can then spend more time training their creatures, but the interface should allow the lazy players to get a "quick and dirty" creature ready for battle (perhaps a pre-trained creature in all the neccessary basic skills).

Using this format, I then imagine most players will play through quickly at first but then try playing for longer to get the best and most unique creature.  With hindsight, you could see that B&W1 did go this way a little  but lost that in B&W2 I feel.

What do you guys think?

fenton_pat said:
Heh, what I meant to say waas that your creature actually learned things in the first game and you didn't just buy his abilities.  Also, he didn't tell you everything.  Now while frustrating, it was also rewarding when you finally got him to be the way you wanted.

Persoanlly, I see an RPG format working well here:

The story should start out on a  peaceful land with small quests for you and your creature to do, over the course of which he can also learn his basic skills and become more powerful.  If the player wants, he can spend more time on this opening land spending the time to train their creature up further before choosing for the story to continue by some means (clicking on a scroll for the next plot point just strikes me as wrong). 

The way this matches up to the RPG format is that you can rush through the game without focusing much on upgrading your character, i.e. your creature or you can spend time moulding him into the powerful juggernaut you want him to be at the start and reap the benefits.

At certain points in the story (like in an RPG) there should be lulls in the combat to allow you  recover and train some more if you so wish (perhaps not always at the end of every lad for a bit of variety).  By following this format, players can then spend more time training their creatures, but the interface should allow the lazy players to get a "quick and dirty" creature ready for battle (perhaps a pre-trained creature in all the neccessary basic skills).

Using this format, I then imagine most players will play through quickly at first but then try playing for longer to get the best and most unique creature.  With hindsight, you could see that B&W1 did go this way a little  but lost that in B&W2 I feel.

What do you guys think?

I agree.
It sounds like BW1 with Skirmish, as in BW1 you started on  a peaceful land, but to teach your creature (practically anythhing) you had to play skirmish. If you took out the enemies in skirmish, and mixed it with BW1 + all the features of BW2, the game would be awsome, and unbeatable.

Meh just stay on the look out for this game called spore, its pretty much evolutionary in all aspects of the word, you start out as a single cell orginasm all the way up to having a space ship traveling to other galexies google spore lots of goodies on google video.

I already know about Spore and I'll definately be getting it.  But the one thing about Will Wright's sim games that I find switches me off them sooner rather than later is their lack of direction.  Funnt thing is, it's that same lack of direction and ability to go anywhere that'll have people playing it for ages I reckon.

It's a personal preference of mine and I'm sure other people would have different opinions on this, but I like my games to have a bit of a story to follow.  Now while Spore lets you do pretty much anything, therein, lies the problem, in letting you do everything at any time and how you like, there can be no story to follow, except that which you make yourself and to be perfectly blunt.  I suck at story telling and character development.  I like the developers to do at least a little of that for me and I can pick it up from there :p .

spore does have some direction in it, you get assigned missions in the ufo age but what im wondering is how fast the previous phases will pass, im kinda looking forward to having both an underwater creature that goes on to terraform aqua worlds  and also have land creatures, the creature phase is one of my personnal favs and im buying a new computer just to play that one game! its also been announced for mobile and soon pretty much every console :)

Slasher said:
spore does have some direction in it, you get assigned missions in the ufo age but what im wondering is how fast the previous phases will pass
Supposedly, you can spend as much time as you like in each stage, although I don't know if that's changed or not more recently.

the lack of direction does seem like a bad thing, but i think evolving your creature and fighting to survive sounds pretty intense, and aslo the intergalactic pahse just sounds so crazy, i mean you start meeting other peoples creations. what would be cool if they made a sequal and turned it into a mmo.

this topic is going off topic lol.... Lets get back on topic go post spore stuff in the spore topic thats what its for is it not?

heh, that game is how I cam up with my name when flicking through a PS2 magazine

Back