Resource icon

Egyptian Mod 1.0.0

SkelApe

Elder
SkelApe submitted a new resource:

Egyptian Mod - The successor of "The Egypt Project" series, this Mod gives every element of the game a distinct Egy

- EVERY original building re-mastered with a new Egyptian look.
Varied models have been used to enhance your new-race experience.
Covers all alignments.

- A set of new, Egyptian archers and warriors with their own special weapons and banners.

- Authentic Egyptian men, women and children.

- A new Jackal skin for the Wolf in all alignments.

- Installers and Un-installers for an easy set up and uninstallation.

see the folder named "Images" for pictures of all new features!

Read more about this resource...

All images have been uploaded to my gallery so you can get a look before you download.

http://www.bwfiles.com/gallery2/thumbnails.php?album=190

Now that is superb! Nice work....I'm most certainly going to download this. :yes

Covers all alignments too.

:yourock: You put the Ra's eye on the sails of the granary! Nice!

hmmmm... tibetans are too similar to japanese for this to be good. theres not much you would really be able to do it. i would say, put the tibetan idea in the closet.

Hmm, if you google Tibetan architecture then google Japanese architecture there are actually substantial differences. Tibetan buildings are often much squarer and have flat rooves. They are also white, red and golden more often. Also if you have played the original game, the Tibetans were actually a tribe, so thats one mod closer to the 8 originals!

Nice work on the Persian mod, although i assume its only a BETA?

Hmmm. Tibetan mod?...I would like to see that happen although my favorite is Egyptian. Wasn't there going to be Red Indian/Native American tribe in the pipeline?

hmmmm......why is everyone saying "hmmmm"?
anyway, american indian would be nice but since the tribe had so little technology, it wouldnt be much fun to make. all the buildings would be teepees, and the soldiers would have a spear and nothing else.
tibetans? ok maybe their buildings were different but im not sure it would attract much attention. it would be needed to complete the set though.

working on the full persian mod. ill bring it out in versions. version 0.2 coming out soon.

Hmmm, (just keeping with the trend  :p ) I created some Tibetan textures and like in BW1, they look pretty plain. I only have the red white and gold stonework to go on, and there is no room for imagination  :blush
I think i'll ditch the Tibetan idea, or temporarily atleast.

Yeah there are not enough native american looking models to produce a whole race from it. I think i'll give that one a miss too.  :)

T'is a pity you couldn't make Mongols....Mind you thet didn't have catapults, did they? Romans, Spartans (which were Greek anyway, so thats a no, no)Chinese, Persians, Germanic Barbarians....

Those are about as Tribal as I can think.... Oh, and Saxons too.

I'll make a Hun/Mongol texture and see how it is. I think i'll use Japanese models as a basis, then give them "barbaric" textures :) (Oh the Huns and Mongols came from the same area, so i think i'll just call it a Hun mod. That is, if i make it  :;): )

I should really make a new topic for this but...

Here are some Hunnish textures i made that should give the buildings a darker mongolian texture. Tell me what you think. Any improvement ideas are welcome. Should i go ahead with this?

[br][br]Added: [time]1241036105[/time]Slight update with the textures. I have darkened the walls because they weren't gloomy enough and looked almost like the original walls. I have a screeny of a small Mongol/Hun village, new nursery and new inn. Do they look Hun enough?

That I like! Maybe you could give them animal skin textures to the huts? I do love it...You doin' great with this. Are you going to make the villagers with the Japanese base?

You should make their hovels like tents, if you can. They often had campsites in their conquest across Europe.

Thanks everyone :) I didn't realise it would get this support.
I will make tents for their hovels! It's a good idea.

It's a tempting offer anglosaxon. First though i'll have a rummage round and see if i can make some Mongol troops myself. BTW, are the buildings gloomy enough?

I have done that Meta K, thanks for the idea. Their hovels are now tents! Also they have bonfires for lamps, so if you want you can create a little Hun outpost.

Here are all the buildings i have finished. I still have a bit to do, but i'll keep you posted.
Walls and gatehouse
Storehouse
Tavern
Nursery
Hovel
House
Villa
Manor
Mansion
Lamp

Back