Drinking Creatures...

Knuckles_Echidna71

did anyone notice.. that in the pre-release screens we see a lion drinking from the seashore. Now I see in the game that the creatures cant even get near the seaside... they stop before the shorelines ever even begin.
I was wondering whats up with this here...
and also, has anyone made a custom map where the creature could reach the seaside? is it even possible?
Why cant my creature drink water?! XD  :happytears:

He gets drunk after (quite funny though)
but I was wondering about him being able to drink from the seas or other water things like in B&W1 and in the prerelease pic

The action to drink is scripted in and I was just able to get him to drink. Not from the water, but the shore. It seems that creatures are afraid of the water or something since I couldn't get him to the water even though I extended the nav ribbon out far enough. And I have not been able to get him to  drink again so I could get a screenshot.

quite interesting... how close did you have to get him in before he would? I was thinking maybe it was a boundary thing but maybe it isn't

This was on a map I'm working on so I set the boundries way into the water. But still he wouldn't get within six metres of the water.

I have heard thet the creature is able to eat fish from the sea too is that true? ???

In the original game the creature was able to eat fish, as well as livestock and grain. Only ripe grain though, he would throw up if he ate from an unripe field.

I don't know why drinking was removed , unless it was one of the many things which never got finished for whatever reason. ???

ah.. hm....
I think I shall play with maps a bit too to see if I can get my wolf to drink...but once once I can get my game to run again =O

a9gv.png

It says FOR WATER does that mean that he can drink water?

That chart says to me the creature is not interested in drinking water . The desire for water would have to be a positive number for thirst to  occur.

Gremxula said:
That chart says to me the creature is not interested in drinking water . The desire for water would have to be a positive number for thirst to  occur.

Yep, finally got him to do it...  :D

normal_WolfDrinking.jpg

for some reason i cant find the game balance files so that i can make him drink water
:(

It's more like lapping sand.. :p

Black & White 2\Data\Balance

Back