Does anyone know what's wrong?

Emolsifier

Alright I Downloaded a copy of Black and White 2 from Bitorrent, yeah it's bad and not a nice thing to do.

alright so the download gave me a CD generator thingie for it. converted a DVD into a CD Image to use for installing and running Black and White 2.

I got the Game installed and everything with a working Key but... It says that I don't have the correct CD to get the game working. The solution seems obvious, "get a Legit Copy!" but is there any way to fix this without doing so. I'm tapped out from christmas... anyways, I'm doing this largely to have a personal copy of the game before doing some other stuff with it.

if this happens to be a copy protection mechanism by Lionhead then alright, a confirmation about that would be cool.

Not paying for a game is illegal and isn't allowed to be discussed on these boards but common sense tells me that you either need a legit CD or an illegal no-cd patch for the game, which as I mentioned, you'll need to ask elsewhere about that if you decide to not support what is a great game company (now owned by M$, but I digress...)

Please do decide to buy it when you are no longer "tapped out."  :)

Yeah, what FoTD said.  Try looking on Amazon.com when you're not so strapped for cash... They sell BW and BW2 pretty cheap there.  That's where I bought mine!

problem solved. Sorry about commiting a Taboo, I'll probably buy a legit copy for the sole purpose of having a "pretty" CD because burned ones look horrid and bad...

Even though you choose the right thing, i'll explain why it didn't work ;p

Each cd of BW2 has it's own 1 out of 100* key-gen codes. This means, if you are using a differant key-gen then that is on the cd, it will fail.

To explain more simple, as I myself don't even get what I just typed.

There are differant 'groups' of key generators, such as, group a, b, c, and so on.

So, if you have a key out of group a, but use a cd that has group b. It does not work.

*it's an estimate, don't quote, as i'm most asuredly wrong as to how many groups there are.

Back