Dementron's models

Dementron

I recently started playing Black and White again, and realized that the models I made way back when are completely missing from my old files, and any site I actually uploaded to has gone down. I don't know who uploaded some of my files to kayss, but I'm very glad they did (though I wish they had included the readmes for more than just the fox).

Kayssplace has my fox and a few of my good creature fixes, but I was wondering if, by any chance, anyone else might have some of my more interesting models. These included the gerbil creature (my very first model), the pig (by request), the blue dragon (which had an actual texture instead of just rubbish, and webbed wings), the eve mod (complete with good/evil, fat/thin, and strong/weak), and the ogre (with good/evil, fat/thin, and strong/weak).

If anyone can find and upload these, I would be immensely grateful.

If I can ever get Milkshape to work again, I might try to remake these. Or I might get distracted by WoW again and completely forget about it. No promises. And no, I don't remember how to use Milkshape. It has been many, many, maaaany years, so I'd have to figure it out again from scratch myself. Sorry, I can't give advice on it.

My guess is that kayss got these files from other sites as they were going down.

Was never too much into using alternative models myself, so I don't have any of these downloaded, but perhaps someone else has those models you're after.

Fingers crossed :;): .

Hey, it's good to hear from such a quality B&W modder :) I think the blue dragon and the eve models are still on this site, ive used the dragon before (and it was awesome!) If i am right, did it replace the lion? I'd have loved to play with a gerbil and a pig though! Also, was the ogre working as a normal creature should? If you replace it conventionally, its packed full of glitches.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Thanks.

I almost forgot, I also made a reskin/remodel of the leopard that made it look like a calico cat. I still have the cat this was based on (her name is Luna ^^). Likely nobody has it, but I would really love that one back. That skin took a while to make, considering the level of detail.

I got a new version of Milkshape that seems to be working properly. Messing around to see if I can make good/evil versions of the ogre again.

The dragon I made might have replaced the lion, but more likely I made a unique cbn like the fox has so it could replace any creature. I haven't seen that or Eve on this site, though someone made a rather nice lioness based on Eve.

I tried using the ogre with the creature changer a bit ago, and couldn't reward/punish it, but when I cbn-swapped it with the gorilla instead rewarding worked fine. I haven't tested anything else yet.

Is there a way to post images? (That are not already on the web)

Not that I tried it (because I heard it was glitchy), but do you know anything about the Bender creature from Futurama?

I remember looking at screen shots of Bender wandering around a B&W land and just bust myself laughing at all the destructive possibilities he could cause :angry  :D !

I might have heard about that at some point. It probably used a model made from scratch, which is a lot more than I want to deal with for B&W personally, but I would have loved to see it. Sounds pretty entertaining.

I made good and evil forms for the ogre and tried to submit them, but I was told that I was not submitting a valid rar file. I tested it with Winrar and it works fine on my machine. Any idea what went wrong? Should I try a different program?

(The ogre is still somewhat glitchy. I could get it to do most things, but it won't cast miracles outside of combat. Ouch.)

Ohh i did that once, made good and evil forms of the ogre (using the models from creature isle). Another strange glitch is you can't move the hand across the back of their head if the hand its holding something. If you do, the game crashes! It's quite peculiar and annoying because it makes them practically unplayable. I did it by re-saving the mesh files under the appropriate names. And also dementron, Kays doesn't like it if you submit .rar files because they are not as easy for people to open as .zips. You'll need to submit a .zip instead. Would it be possible to implement the crocodile into the game through model swapping? I tried and it didn't go so well.

Also on the uploading....

I only know this as another user recently had issues uploading zip files, but be sure to use Internet Explorer.

Our uploading features aren't as solid as they used to be, but that was the only browser that was able to successfully upload a file and get it displayed in the proper downloads category.

See here for more info about that.

I managed to upload the ogre to the general B&W skins section. Maybe should have put it in misc.

Been working on Eve. Still want to test her a bit more before publishing.

Unfortunately, the crocodile probably couldn't work in original B&W because it has a new skeleton and animations. The ogre works (mostly) because it's already present in the original game, and Eve seems to use the same skeleton as the good-aligned big cats.

My plan when I finish my Pokémon romhacks is to learn how to use Milkshape, so I may be able to aid people with that then. I expect to be finished in two more months or so.

I use an Eve model with full functionality and alignments, and have been for a couple of years. Dunno if it's yours, but it's in our DL section under Leopard.

As for the .zip issue, I use Mozilla Firefox an have no idea about the issue, but I also don't like using .zip files. Google "winrar," it's free and compresses the archives further, and also compresses them as .rar, which means that they do not have the same issues as .zip. It is capable of compressing as and extracting both .zp and .rar. In all, it's pretty winrar.

I would just add to Okapi's suggestion about winrar to please avoid actually uploading .rar files though as those without winrar can't open them then.

Sorry, been distracted a few days.

I uploaded the ogre as a zip file. Anything else I upload will also be zip.

I found the eve pack in the leopard section. It wasn't uploaded under my name, but it may very well be the one I originally made. I've gotten to be a better modeler since then, and the new version I've made has more changes to each model than that one. I also made a cbn file for it, so you don't have to replace any of the model files. I should upload it soon. Next I'm hoping to make a gerbil.

Yay a gerbil! That'll be interesting! Which base creature are you using? I'm assuming you won't make it from scratch. Good luck.

Back