Daxter's God AI

Smellis said:
admittedly i didnt watch him for long but, i was hoping he would act like or as close to, a god on bw1, like place desired buildings, more housing, offensive miracles, platoon control? etc (im sorry if it does some of these things already but i didnt watch for that long.)
- It doesn't have platoon control (that was one of my planned features before I stopped working on it.)
- The landscape editor is where you plan out the cities the AI will build, and you can easily call the build command from within your script to have it place the blueprint at an exact town desire (and Bimbo would automatically build once the blueprint is placed)
- God Engine has a generic algorithm to cast any miracle on any object, but Bimbo is not currently programmed to use offensive miracles (I would have implemented that when I put in platoon control and other military stuff.)

The key to God Engine is that the low-level implementation of moving the hand, casting miracles, gathering resources etc. are separated from the code that tests for conditions and makes decisions. This makes it a lot neater because you don't have to read through the same move/pickup/cast algorithm 50 times to figure out what it's supposed to be doing; all the "personality" code is in one place (GE Bimbo.txt in this case.)

Also, keep in mind that Bimbo is a test AI, not a "good" AI.

Godplex said:
The key to God Engine is that the low-level implementation of moving the hand, casting miracles, gathering resources etc. are separated from the code that tests for conditions and makes decisions. This makes it a lot neater because you don't have to read through the same move/pickup/cast algorithm 50 times to figure out what it's supposed to be doing; all the "personality" code is in one place (GE Bimbo.txt in this case.)

Ah.  I may not know anything about B&W scripting, but I recognise object oriented programming when I see it. A wise move from a code re-use point of view :;):

Back