Cylic redundency.

CJB

Well im CJB I was snooping around chatrooms about a year ago on this site and I finally registered!

So anyway I know my black and white 2 cd 3 is really scratched up and I think cylic redundency or whatever its called has to do with a dirty, damaged, or scratched disk. So I was wondering im cleaning it with a rag and window cleaner if thats good? And if theres something around the house that I could use that would work better cuz I don't wanna ask my parents for more since they bought me this new computer  :woot .

I was also wondering since I was looking around black and white 2 forums around the net and it says black and white 2 is not very compatible with nvidia and I was wondering my geforce 8600 card would run the game fine since everything else checks out on diagnostics.

Thanks in advance  :D

If the CD is scratched, then you should try to get a new one, since no amount of window cleaner will help, infact, I'd suspect it would just get worse, considering the solvent that might be in a bottle of window cleaner.
A greasy CD or DVD is best cleaned with a dry, fine rag, without the use of chemicals.

Another thing that might help a little, is to put the scratched CD in the fridge for a few hours, since that might shrink the scratches (not permanently), making it slightly easier for your drive to read... I think. :suspect
I've done it with music CDs before, so I'm not too sure about game CDs. :suspect

Interesting. Thanks ill try that fridge thing since I wanna play this game so bad again lol. :bomb

Firstly, congrats on the new computer. :)
Failed cyclic redundancy check is usually bad sectors due to scratches.
You should try metal polish. It works sometimes. The disc will lose its shine though.
If it works, make a backup copy of that disc using Alcohol 120%. The backup copy may not work though. Your best bet then is to keep the image on your drive and let Alcohol emulate it. It will work then.
That's how I do the works anyway. You may have your own personal suitable procedures.  :p
You could also try software to fix damaged files on the CD then rebuild and emulate it. I've tried a few CD fixing applications and each has its own advantages. They share one disadvantage: it's pretty darn slow.
Good luck :upside

Nvm lol im gonna test alchohal 120 % out and if im still having trouble ill see if I can just buy black and white 2 again.

Hi. :)

There are kits available to repair damaged CDs. One thing you could try is to contact a place which rents videos and see if they have one that they use and ask if they could fix your CD for you.

Yea im trying one of those fancy cd repair kits lol. Whats weird is sometimes it gets stuck on japaneseeng.ogg , landscape , or the cow part of the install and its totally random it seems sometimes it gets a little farther but im not sure.

If you've got a can of air. Open the CD tray and blow it inside. Might be some dust bunnies in there.

Hmmmm tried everything still not helping, strange because the disk isn't even that scratched that bad i'll try this CD cleaner thing one more time if it don't work looks like my black and white 2 is fudged. :cry

Yeah this is well late but ...
Nobody has mentioned the lens cleaner disk.
Works for both CD and DVD  this can make the difference.

Back