Cyclic Redundancy Check

zypher

well, after attempting to reinstal my coppy of black and white 2, I was greeted with this annoying 'CRC' error after getting halfway through disk 3. I'm running windows vista, if that has any signifigance...

as far as I can tell, disk three is clean, so I don't really know what the problem is... I attempted the install two times but to no avail.

if any one has knowledge concerning the topic, I would greatly apreciate your help...

I MISS BLACK AND WHITE!!!

well i dont know if you heard of my mess, but what you can do in the beggining is try to rename the lionhead folder when it's telling you where it's going to be installed, you can name it something else. My problem was fixed by me just renaming it Lionhead Studios.0. Just a suggestion. Hope it works. :)

A CRC error usualy is the result of a dirty CD. Try cleaning the CD with a soft cloth and mild detergent wiping from the inside out.

Also check out the CD reader. If you have can of air, open the drawer and blow into the slot. Or use a CD cleaning disc. If you have one.

hmmm... renaming the folder only resulted in a new errior, so I'll have to try cleaning the disk...

ach, I'm sorry I offered false hope there... the disk seems to be unusable... only the third disk though, teh others seem fine... oh well...

mabey I'll get the money to buy a new coppy, but untill then... fare well...

BW2 is old enough now for you to get it in one of those "buy 3 games for £10" offers. if the disk is scratched, you might have to cut your losses and buy a new one.

Back