CVG are just assuming it's for Fable 4!

Undead Deity

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/259585/lionhead-doing-amazing-things-with-kinect/
In the link above there is an article by CVG and inside you'll find that they are assuming that Lionhead Studios are working on Fable 4 for the Kinect. What is so special about Fable compared to Black and White? Talking about what Lionhead are working on with the Kinect would instantly make me think of Black and White 3. I believe I also heard somewhere that Lionhead thought it would be a great idea to put Black and White 3 on the Kinect. They also said not long ago that Fable 4 is NOT confirmed.

That was shortly before this article was released. Due to the comments on the page it doesn't exactly look like Fable is their most successful game. Do you think they should make Black and White for it?

To be honest, I'd love to see it but I've given up all hope on a new B&W game at this stage.

Undead Deity said:
What is so special about Fable compared to Black and White?

Simple.  While B&W was a much more unique game, it's exactly for that reason that Fable was more popular.  More people could understand what Fable was (a relatively straight forward RPG with bells and whistles) as opposed what B&W was (It's a God game....No, it's a pet game....No, it's an RTS!).

Much as we all cry for brilliant unique games, it's the gaming masses that dictate where more sequels are made and they tend to like slight variations of game genres they've already played.

B&W was so great, it didn't fall into any on box easily, which was part of it's undoing I believe to it's viability as a long-running series of games :( .

Perhaps if "Black & White 3" didn't ever come out, something like B&W 3 could be made by a few people that mod?
I think B&W 3 should be like the best of both games (B&W 1 + B&W 2) with a new plot/story!

AppleApe, I was a member of a group that tried to do something quite like what you said. Take the graphics and easier city building aspect of Black and White 2, and combine it with the miracles and old-style creature of Black and White 1. Search around Kayssplace, and you'll find references to it everywhere. We called it OGaM, short for "Of Gods and Mortals". We had some pretty good pace a few years ago, but soon real-life got in the way. The project lead, Daxter, only recently killed the project, because at this point, 6 years after Black and White 2, we didn't have a large audience anymore, and other things were in the way.

They say that Fable 4 is not confirmed, and they are making something for the kinect?

Bracing for a new series that is given huge overblown hype by Molyneaux and turns out to be an extremely archaic proto-Fable without alignments, story or customization of your character and made for the Kinect.

Back