Creature Size

[alphaBeta]

Elder
So does everyone's creature eventually reach the same size in BnW2? I know from BnW1 that this was not the case. You had to do your growing in the early years otherwise your creature reached a height cap less than the highest possible one.

Reading the game manual makes me think that each creature will reach the same cap. However, my creature looks a little small to be at 99% height as displayed in the creature statistics menu. These stats could be wrong though since they don't seem to display other villager information very accurately. Although he doesn't seem to be getting any bigger lately either.

A creature only grows to be about 36 feet tall. Which is pretty punny. :rolleyes.

Mine was at 99% or 11 for growth by the age of 5 and that appears to be the tallest that he'll be.

thats a shame i wanted a creature bigger than a wonder as in siren wonder orr man i wanted a really really reall really big creature.

you can, its just a lil buggy editing max height limits thats all :yes
you can have one bigger then the empire state building *or at least tall enough to easily climb it* in new york (king kong anyone? :laugh:)

Nah, he just climbed it. 

But he was about the size of a BW2 creature. :p

Just noticed, that although the creature is smaller he can still get blocked in if the buildings are too close.

So the whole idea of getting your creature to walk over small enough building was ditched, eh ??? :p ?

though sometimes in your village if there is enough space he will leap a building and a villager instead of going around the village or building

Zackers14 said:
though sometimes in your village if there is enough space he will leap a building and a villager instead of going around the village or building

Sweet!  :laugh2 I bet that's a scary sight if you're an enemy villager or platoon, to see a creature you thought was trapped with a line of buildings, only to have it leap over them.  :upside

Personally, I actually like the new size cap of the creatures. Think about it: In B&W, a fully grown creature could empty a fully stocked storehouse in 2 minutes. This way, they can't do that and, if they were any bigger it would be nearly impossible to get a large platoon past a creature. (It's hard enough as it is...) Of course it was funny to see the size difference between a villager and your creature.

Even funnier when your creature picked one up.

Villager: "Hey I can see my house from here!"
*Chomp*
Population -1

It might be more realisitic, but I tend to loose my creature since he's so small.

Lol, he had a fight with the tiger on land 5, I think it was. And I couldn't see it since it was in a forest and my view of both creatures were obscured by the trees. :rolleyes

try a army of foresters and the leash then wait about 2 minutes

Lol, I had the same prob as Kays :p  just put him on the leash and let him walk out of the forest the he will continue the fight (atleast that did it for me :p)  and it a bit of a pity how fast the creature grows and his max length...  I play 2 full days  (from 12 o'clock until 8 o'clock with some little pauzes :p) and he is on his max size! and he is only 10...  and (only) as big as a wall..    aah whatever the game is great! :)  :D

i thought creatures would be able to climb or jump walls. Now it seems they spend most of their time attacking them :(

they are also almost as limited to their environments as in the first game. i was hoping they would be more able to climb mountains or slopes and be able to jump around a bit. so much for that theory  :rolleyes

Think of it this way. Most of the ideas tossed out or didnt make it will probably be in bw 3 if they make one! and i think they will. And if they do think maybe they will put all the tossed out ideas.

BnW 3?? eh i dont think so. they havent even finished BnW 2 yet. They still ahve yet to release a skirmish mode (if any) and then theres multiplayer. Anything else they want to put out will probably be in the form of a BnW 2 Expansion

not now but maybe in the future.. At gamespot the interview thing it said like... Peter:WE were thinking of making bw up to maybe bw 7 but we might just make it to bw4 or bw5" Not exactly word for word but in my way go to gamespot and check around  there.

lol BnW 7 they are really getting ahead of themselves. Ive heard that they had just continued the series for profit becuase it does seem a little sub par compared to BnW 1's affect.

i guess we 'll just have to wait amd see where they take it from here.

11 which is about 36 feet.

But it does sound like you can have a larger creature by editing one of the files.

Back