Create a Skeleton Army

Kays

Elder
I was browsing through some of the model in the Everything.stuff file and came across some skeleton models.

So I thought it would be neat if I replaced the soldier models with them. Since the skeletons came in two flavours, ghost and regular, I decided to change the melee troops to the ghost skeleton and the archers to the regular version. :D

normal_white%202005-12-04%2014-25-52-57.jpg

normal_white%202005-12-04%2014-25-09-99.jpg

Since I thought there might be some interest in this. I've writen it up as a mod and added it to our downloads.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=591

I also found a ballista model which you can replace the catapult with. But it's only available in black and I haven't been able to find proper ammo for it so they look a bit funky hutling rocks. :rolleyes

normal_white%202005-12-04%2015-54-53-50.jpg

Still, quite cool :yes .  Those skeleton armies are just funny though  :laugh2 .

ooooooooooooo armies of the damned :yourock:
the perfect army for your common evil god :)

Muhahaha... :devil

Darn, I wish we had a model viewer. There's quite a few models in there which weren't used. And some which I'm just plain curious about.

s_aztecmessenger.bwm
s_dolphin.bwm
s_egyptassassin.bwm
s_egyptslavedisguise.bwm
s_japanboatmaster.bwm (there's a boatmaster for each race)
s_norsepriestfenrick_stripped.bwm
s_shark.bwm

One thing I do want to try is to swap one of the bird types with a pig model. :D

Yep, I'll try to post a screenshot. :D

The assasin is only Egyptian. But I did find a lot of neat stuff going though the .dds files. There's quite few interesting skins for which there are no models. It almost seems like there's a whole story or something which didn't make it to the game.

If you don't have way of viewing .dds files there's a viewer over at lionsource. Of course you should also download Destuff it, so you can unpack the everthing.stuff file. There's some neat stuff in there. Just hope we get to use some more of it when the scripting tools are releasd.

Oh my god!  :shocked that's weird... a skeleton army??!!!  :suspect

Wow, that looks really cool, can't wait until I get another job so I can get a graphics card with pixelshading so I can finally play BW2 :)

Kays said:
Yep, I'll try to post a screenshot. :D

The assasin is only Egyptian. But I did find a lot of neat stuff going though the .dds files. There's quite few interesting skins for which there are no models. It almost seems like there's a whole story or something which didn't make it to the game.

If you don't have way of viewing .dds files there's a viewer over at lionsource. Of course you should also download Destuff it, so you can unpack the everthing.stuff file. There's some neat stuff in there. Just hope we get to use some more of it when the scripting tools are releasd.

do you have a link to the lionsource? is it loinsource.com or loinsource.net? i try the .com no good?

@ Chief ADFP, the Lionsource.com site is closed down, unfortunaly. :(

That is seriously a cool mod, Kays! Thanks for making it, I might give it a download!

Stormbringer said:
@ Chief ADFP, the Lionsource.com site is closed down, unfortunaly. :(

That is seriously a cool mod, Kays! Thanks for making it, I might give it a download!

will i was only trying to get the item to view DDS file but i got IrfanView and the plug-ins free and not bad not a good item to edit this but nice to see what the files looks.

thanks

I do have the DDS converter in the downloads.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=594

Stormbringer said:

Thanks. :)

Back