Core Application Has Stopped Working

Attitude

Windows freaking 7
Drivers up to date on ATI card
Running in Administrative
Reinstalled 4 times
Installed on:  C:/Programs, (Slave drive): F:/Programs and C:/User/Owner and back to F:/Programs
Worked with Windows compatibility and it just causes the game to stop working completely and I will get the "Core Application Has Stopped Working" at launch if I try setting it as Windows XP or 2000.
Install: BW2, official patch 1.1, and then official patch 1.2

Issue: When I get to the 3rd land (Japanese) the game will run fine however, I can not save and even if it lets me (or acts as though it has) the game crashes with the infamous "Core Application Has Stopped Working". I have cleared this level, but Windows 7 or BW2 is done playing. The game will still work, but only on the first two levels and I just assume pull my teeth out than to go through the tutorial stage again.

Also, if I play for a long time in the 3rd land, eventually I will get a "Runtime Error" and a CTD. Rinse and repeat of deleting profile to play first two lands  :bomb

I have combed the net for help with this issue with no joy so !!!please!!! does anyone have any other suggestion to help? I'd really like to see my creature all grow'd up, not to mention a different land or two.

Thanks!
:worship

Back