CI tips and just plain cheating share yours if you want

havoc

Elder
"the gauntlets"

each time you beat a trial on creature isle that creatue will activate its plinth of couse you know this but just for the very very very few of you that dont know, each time you beat a creature in combat at the dojo a tiny blue mushroom will appear infront of their plinth, this of course indicates that you have beaten them, once you beat all of them the rhino (i forgot his name) will give your creature a pair of gauntlets that he used to harness the power of "the source"

now im not sure if they actually do anything or are just for show, if one of my colleages would kindly shed some light on this ill give you an early "thanx"  :)  ....

more on creature isle to come

of course i dont know if this is totally useless because CI came out a couple years ago and people have had plenty of time to beat it  i just felt like doing this because i had CI crammed away in one of my old book shelves and had just beaten it again doing a lil cheating i thought id share what little knoledge i  have   :laugh2

sry hav haven't got ta ci yet...haven't played bnw latelt ethier....but i have heard of the ganlets u were talkin bout so maybe they do somethin..hopefully or that would be a ripp off :cool:

the gauntlets bathe your creatures hand - paws in a purple glow when in combat

iv tested them but nothing seems to be different...  :rolleyes

Back in the day when CI first came out, the Source was a big topic (can we get it and how?).  After alot of jerks falsely claiming to have found ways of getting the source, the community eventually agreed that there was no way of getting your creature to use the source like Naxo and Mercurio.  The gauntlets are merely for show.

The one possible exception would be for a member known as Diablo on the official B&W boards.  He was a mod there and good friends with the developers (he even got to visit the development studios on one or two occasions).  He claimed they told him how to get the source although he never provided any proof (in the form of images) of this, so most people took his claim a pinch of salt even though he was a fair kinda guy and one  not usually known for lying.  He's long since left these forums though although I believe although there may be an olbie or two still around who may still be in contact with him.

May advice is enjoy the game for what it is, but don't try too hard to find the source.  Many others have spent alot more time on it with no success and should you by some fluke manage to find it, expect to be greeted with a heavy bit of suspicion and have plenty of proff, i.e. multiple shots of your creature using the source and from different angels on each instance.

well whatever they do i still enjoyed the little star wars spoof  :laugh2 and thanx for the little history lesson fenton.  :D

"being just plain mean to madino"

for this one your going to need a little extra help

download cache pack x and install it

go to the creature isle area of cache pack x and activate the influencer, increaser, and dispencer but you will need to start a new game for them to take effect  why do this you ask? well its so that you can murder madino. after you go through the intro both with and without rufus, pick up a mega blast from one of the dispencers
and book mark near that dipencer

then cast it on madino the cow at the bowling alley, after the smoke has cleared (so to speak) you sould see madino lieing there but he will respawn...

now when i did this madino respawned in the wrong place, he came back up at the base of the cliff from nazzles rescue trial, if and when he respawns there start his trial he will intro you into the game and such as if he were still there.. now every time its his turn he will walk a little closer to the alley but he is too far and his turn times out, and if he starts getting too close go back to your book mark get the miracle and blast him again, he will respawn back at the base of the cliff, so even if you get just one pin down through the whole game you will win

this worked for me but im not sure it will work for you, so just try it and give me some feedback okay  :)[br][br]Added: Aug 18, 2006, 05:20 PM[br]

"a little game of marbles"

in this one you play a game of marbles with an ape the closer you marble lands to the centre of the target the more piont you get and the same goes for him you will need the assistance of the same cache cheats programs as last time, set a whole bunch of megablast bubbles a shot distance away at least one for every marble but make sure that they arent in or near the target because you cant do anything when you are in or too close to it,

now as soon as he picks up his marble blast him hell die respawn and throw the marble away behind him then try to go to sleep but wakes up, do it every time he picks up a marble.

and just in case here is a little strategy to throwing the marble... look at the target from where your creature is standing then click the action button only slightly to the left of the center and near the back of the blue circle and that should let the marble roll fairly close to the middle of the target

When your bowling with Madino the Cow just drop a nearby rock in front of him so his bowling ball hits the rock and therefore "misses". But if you leave the rock on the bowling floor for too long it fades away.

"pesky ogres"

in rufus' trail you must get three rings to the top of a mountain in a harsh time limit of around 7 minutes and you have to avoid tiny orgres that will freeze your creature if he gets too close, now from the place you get the ring look to the right and there is a small rock go down to the shore and around the rock there is a pass behind it go up there with the ring you will see that if you go this way you will only have to deal with the one orgre at the top just w8 for him to move and put the ring on that logo at the top (repeat the process two more times) simple  :laugh2

On the other side of the island where you do the Watering the crops thing. Do the Romeo and Julliet mini quest first and it'll give you a miracle dispensor with a bit of influence there.

i do believe thats all i have for now, i didnt need to cheat on any others

racing the turtle, after i beat the turtle i found a totem near the tower where you use the teleport miracle to get your creature to the brown bear with a miracle to make my creature run faster i think if i used that it would have taken only one try instead of two, oh and you can cut off a large part if you check out the route and the waypoints you can skip all of the way around the lake.

The soccer trial was always one of my most difficult until I found this cheat:

Create influence around the field by placing town centers in strategic spots (use the one that has the freeze creature miracle).  When the mandrills get close to you, freeze them. Save the game frequently so you can keep within the time limit.

My worst were the reaction games like the skellitons just a bit too quick for me.

That info on the soccer trick is what redeemed Creature Isle to me. That Trial was so rediculously rigged I stopped playing altogether.

@Gremxula, i havent done this part yet so it may be utter nonsence, but have you tried using Alt-1 for Slowdown time?

Xlr8..
To be honest yes I have done the quest but a long time ago and I was talking as I found the quest.
Not how I beat it. :)

God i havent played Creatures Isle in years, must install it again when i get home this weekend... :p
I highly doubt the existance of the source, even if Diablo claims to have seen it...

never thought that this thread would last this long....

i hope that you get some use out of the cheats in this thread nauge :)

Gremxula said:
Xlr8..
To be honest yes I have done the quest but a long time ago and I was talking as I found the quest.
Not how I beat it. :)

ooh ok, as i said might be total nonsence, just trying to be productive :cool:

Nauge. If you go again try getting the TYKE last it makesita different game.

Back