CI Marble trial sweespot??

Sparkster_Sanjulo

I remember using a sweetspot to win the marble trials (Which has got to be the most frustrating trial in the game, next to the "guide-the-stupid-boat-around" one), I also remeber writing a guide about it (Under the name "Black leopard" on Planet Black and White forums) but it's been years and the "planet" forums don't have a search function anymore for whatever reason (Or a user list.. I don't think) so it's gonna be very hard to find now.

Basically it was this spot, I think one of the little white dots around a color ring that you just crtl+number it and just click over and over and get dead centers every shot, I can't remember where exactly it was, I think it was near the blue ring or the orange ring, on a white dot on the outlines.

Anyone know where this spot is or maybe has a copy of that CI guide I had written all those years ago?

From what I can remember, each creature type has a different way of throwing so the technique used for each is slightly different.

The ape was the easiest but I never could succeed using the bear.

Kays said:
From what I can remember, each creature type has a different way of throwing so the technique used for each is slightly different.

The ape was the easiest but I never could succeed using the bear.

Ok I will try with the Ape, I was having problems with the Wolf he seems to always try throw the marble to far to the left.

EDIT: Holy crap I just went and used some creature changer to swap to the Ape and tried it again, I won in only 2 tries compared to the 15+ losses using the Wolf, I figured out the exact spot again by watching how the Ape throws the marble. Here's a link to the pic if anyone else is interested:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2236/neverforgetyr2.jpg
Note it will probably work with other creature types too, but might take some screwing around with positioning to work.

Or you could try to toss the die yourself...  I seem to have always done that.. :-/

Glad that got the quest finished for you. What I find is that the marbles behave differently when thrown by different creatures.

Gremxula said:
All I did was set the aim point for his marbles.

You can do that later on. But initially, you need some accuracy to get the first marbles into the centre or a little on the Ape's side

Sylcai said:
Or you could try to toss the die yourself...  I seem to have always done that.. :-/

Huh? the only die you throw is in the Leopard's trial, I can't seem to throw the marbles by myself, believe me if I could I would've just dropped them all into the center of the thing and put rocks blocking the Ape's throws.

Ohhh! Sorry.. I missread.. You where talking about MARBLES, not dice

The sweetspot is the first ring after the middle dot I think, it also works when the ape tosses his marbles in the middle, to toss yours onto it,

1. His marbles get kicked away

2. Your marbles hardly continue to move.

3. More score for you, less score for him!

It's one of the 'tricky' chalenges if you never where good in the very first silver quest in Black and White (1) The stone pilar rock test :p

Back