Changes to the Hun and Celtic Mods

SkelApe

Elder
Hey everyone, i made some changes to the Hun and Celtic Mods for a number of reasons. Here are the changes.

Celtic Mod
1.) It has been renamed the "Anglo-Saxon Mod" due to historical correctness. The Celts lived in simple huts and by no means had lumber mills, nurseries, elaborate housing or giant walls and gates. The Anglo Saxons however, who used similar building materials to that of the Celts, had all the above amenities, and as such better fit the description of the Mod.
2.) The Armoury flags have been changed to look more Anglo-Saxon. The Melee flag depicts the Sutton Hoo helmet, a famous Anglo-Saxon helmet that was excavated. The Ranged flag has the dragon symbol of the now dissolved Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia.
3.) The Warriors have been changed to become more historically accurate. Before they were totally unrealistic in both Celtic and Anglo-Saxon terms. They are now (never before seen) men cloathed in animal fur, but they still have the signature battleaxes :)
4.) The standard from BotG has been brought into this Mod, and re-textured. It now has a stone base, and an animal-skin flag with the Mercian dragon symbol on it. It replaces the Column, and the statue that previously was in the Column's place is now listed as a Fertility statue. See the pictures for more details :)

Hun Mod
1.) It has been renamed the "Mongol Mod" for historical accuracy. Similar to the Celts, the Huns lived in simple huts called Yurts, whereas the Mongols, who originated from the same area but from a later time period, lived in far more elaborate settlements generally. It appears i confused the Mongols with the Huns and although culturally similar, they were architecturally very different.
2.) I have changed a building's texture slightly, see if you can spot it :p A clue, they were both very precious and exotic liquids to the Mongol culture.

I hope these changes are for the best. They certainly put my mind at ease, as for too long has the historical incorrectness of the names of my mods irritated me  :D I'd like the comments of people who have used or are going to use these Mods. Give me your thoughts and opinions on the changes :) Thanks everyone.

WOW :shocked ...
if you look in the lobby i explained why i was away for so long..... but looking at some of the posts has, literally, put a smile on my face. thanks, ill be using these mods.(again)

Back