can't play black and white

Static64

I've installed black and white but it won't let me play. Right after the lionhead particlon ends (or if I skip it) the screen flashes and the game freezes. I've reinstalled the game countless times, tried compatibility, manually deleted files, cleaned the disc and nothing works. please help

I have windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+
3.01 GHz
2 GB of RAM

Try removing the game from compatability mode and "Running as Administrator".  Works for me!

That almost worked. I started the game and played to the first gold scroll. Then I decided that I wanted better graphics. I restarted the game so they would take place and I skipped the particoln and the screen once again started flashing

Are you using SP3 and is the game patched?  I also had problems (Vista and then Win7) when I messed with the graphics options in-game.  Use the options picker (called Setup) in the Start Menu and select a visuals level from the dropdown.  Keep fiddlin' with it, and see what helps it run longer.  Hope this helps.

I had this problem with B&W and CI, all I had to do was change the detail to medium and it worked again. Try going into setup and changing the detail to medium. It should be in C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White

DX.png

direct%20X%20display%20test.png

Turn off all accelerations, this can help.

I went into setup and changed the graphics to medium and it works fine. I find this kind of strange because it worked fine on high until I switched my default hard drive. Anyways thanks for the help. 

Try disabling the 2nd core, i don't know how to do this so just go into Task Manager and setting the priority to low, or use -lowmem command.

Back