[Bypassed]Crash starting a new game

Glude

Hello mans,

I have a weird problem in Black & White 2 : when I load an existing saved game, everything works fine, but if I start a new game either with my profile or with a new one, the game crashes to desktop.
Once the loading screen is done, I get a black screen for a sec then I get back to desktop...
Has someone ever had this bug? And is it possible to solve it without reinstalling the game?
Well, I could try that, but I also have some problems installing the game so I would rather not.

Sys specs :
AMD64 3500+
Gigabyte K8NF-9 4x
1GB ram Corsair TwinX
7900GT@84.21
B&W2@v1.2

All of the crashing bugs should of been solved with the V1.20 patch. ???

Have you modified or changed any of the files, especially the balance  or creature files. Maybe one of them is corrupt. Since you can't do a repair with the V1.20 patch I'd suggest a re-install.

Kays said:
Have you modified or changed any of the files?

The only files I've modified are the splash screens : EA logo, Intel and ATi fking time-wasting splash screens. I also installed some skins, and I've changed the picture for the intro animation with lionhead studios logo. I'm gonna load my backup files and i'll tell you if it changes anything.
Thanks for replying btw!

I also use the splash screen stuf and I don't think that's the problem.

Try removing all of the skin files from those folders. Or if you have the moding tools re-run the unstuffer. Maybe one of those are corupt.

Ok I first tryed uninstalling all my modified files. I launched the game, and then it crashed immediately, couldn't even get to the menu. So I rebooted the comp, launched the game and it worked, I created a new profile and launched a new game. It still worked fine at this point, so I reinstalled all my files, and tryed to launch a new game. there it crashed to desktop again. Now I have to find wich one is corrupted.

[EDIT] Ok, here is how I solved the problem : I first removed only the creature skins, but it changed nothing, so I guess it was because of the modified splash screens. However, since I can't bear those screens, I loaded my backup files only to be able to launch the new game, then I saved just before choosing the creature. This way, I can load this saved game instead of starting a new game, and keep the modified files, as there is no problem to load a game.

Hoping it will help some other...
Kthxbai

Back