BW1's Challenge Language Documentation?

Jaden

Elder
So... couldn't log online for a while today so I got bored and went through a bunch of really really old CD's.

In one of them I found a part of "Lionhead Challenge Language Documentation" (but instead of BW2, it's for BW1)

I wouldn't bother posting this but the last time I checked I could find nothing of it, even here.  Does anyone have the rest of this? (I only have one file, the "script language" section, but there's a bunch more.)

Also, haven't looked for this hard yet, but what about the compiler for it?

(btw, I think I got it from the Gray Area before it went down, but I'm not sure.)

I do have some of it. I've found a zip with the scripting tools and the sound bank editor. I do have more which I had passed on to Daxter. But I can't seem to find that right now.

Can you please submit what you've got to the site so I can have a look at it. :)

Thanks. Still can't find what I've got. :rolleyes

Or maybe you should ask why since almost no one is interested in it. :p

I was looking for whatever BW1 scripting stuff I did have.

Oh. XD

Well then why? >:0 (I just assumed you were nice or something, I dunno :()

If you are interested, I'll look more for it tomorrow. I suspect it's on an old drive.

Well, that'd be awesome, assuming if you still have the drive it's on.

Also, assuming I can actually do something with it (I barely got custom scripts going in BW2, mostly trhough examples, so :()

But yes, praise you! if you find it.

BW 1 is a bit simpler then BW 2 in all honesty, atleast, I think.

The land script files, as to where what tree goes, is even as easy as 1 2 3.

Never did mess with the sound file registry thingie and that other thingie.. whatchemcallit that.. where all the quests are stored in

Actually, scripting for BW1 is very similar to scripting BW2.

Phew.. finally found it. It looks like it's a series of script files for CI. Mostly from LHS.

>> Clicky here <<

Oh, crap, Creature Isle?

Now I've gotta find the CD for that XD  But awesome, thanks!

Jaden said:
So... couldn't log online for a while today so I got bored and went through a bunch of really really old CD's.

In one of them I found a part of "Lionhead Challenge Language Documentation" (but instead of BW2, it's for BW1)

I wouldn't bother posting this but the last time I checked I could find nothing of it, even here.  Does anyone have the rest of this? (I only have one file, the "script language" section, but there's a bunch more.)

Also, haven't looked for this hard yet, but what about the compiler for it?

(btw, I think I got it from the Gray Area before it went down, but I'm not sure.)

Wow, Jaden. I didn't think anyone but I and the rest of Team Grey Area remembered that! I was actually spending some time to get some of these old files and such back together and happened across this forum.

I don't know if you're still looking for any of this, but I just got the Team Grey Area page back up (aside from some external links) at my site for old time's sake: http://lonewill.net/greyarea. All the documentation I wrote is there, as far as I can tell. Surprisingly the CHLEx and CHASM programs I wrote are still available from FilePlanet, and I managed to find the installer for the preview mod I made from another thread in this forum (Thanks!). Wow. Brings back memories of staying up until 8:00am writing CHASM code, testing and trying to package that thing up at the last minute. Anyway, that completes my collection, I think, except for the CHLEx and CHASM sources which I fear are long gone ...

It's great to see people are still poking around at BW1 modding.

Back