BW1 Buildings Bug

ProxyBlue

So I've searched around and have found no answers to this. I'm in Land 2 and my builders keep building on homes that are already completed. They will drop wood to it, hammer it for a second and the building will say completed 100% if i hover my hand over it while they finish up. Then a few seconds later the building's graphics will change slightly to look like an almost finished building and hovering with my hand will show wood required 0 because there is still a stack of wood there, my builder will go and get yet more wood from the store, come back, add wood, hammer it once, and rinse and repeat. idk what's going on, I've tried just exiting and restarting the game, but that doesn't do anything. I have the patches, 1.1,1.2, and 1.4. I've had other bugs as well and managed to get past them with other people's solutions, but I have not seen this particular problem posted anywhere. Any help would be a godsend (haha), these idiots are just wasting my wood...

that's a game mechanic and that happens when you don't have enough villagers that can live in the houses

I understand that the buildings deteriorate over time if they are not lived in, there is a sign in the village saying as much, however my buildings (after more testing) will do it if the building is not at 100% occupancy, so as soon as a new building is completed or someone dies the builders start working on it again. I have plenty of villagers to fill the houses and they keep complaining about needing more houses, but are never given the opportunity to "move in" because of this constant cycle. My other village houses do not do this, just the beginning Norse village. So now I'm left with watching the builders and pausing when it's complete, then pick up a random homeless bum or another type of villager, unpausing, and moving them in before the builder can start working again. I do this until the house is full and if I'm not fast enough, the builders will start building again and I can't move anyone in while construction is underway. I should also mention, not every building does this, i'd say like 60-70% of them. I have two main clusters of homes, one cluster has one building that does this and the other cluster has almost every building doing it... sounds totally buggy to me and not normal game mechanics. :suspect

you're right this should be a bug. but i have never seen this before. i have no clue but maybe try admin mode, going in and out of skirmish etc.

Back