Buy or not?

GallopRider

Since I've played through 3 levels of BW1, I'm considering getting BW2.  However, I've heard some bad reviews about it.  Is it true that you're more a general than a god in BW2? I'm not too keen on building armies and all the war-related stuff.  So, is the sequel worth getting?

It's arguably not as good as B&W1 although still a unique gaming experience and much prettier graphically speaking.

If you like city building and taking care of your towns, then you've still got a way to avoid doing lots of army stuff.  The whole Good/Evil mechanic in the sequel is to either build armies and conquer or build up your own town in a nice way that other towns will come live with you.

That way, you've got much less army stuff to do :;): .

Might I add that the city building works brilliantly and is cool to use if you're prefer that gaming style.

Ah, so you don't necessarily have to build armies...  Town building is good fun, too.  But what about the Creatures?  There aren't nearly as many choices, I think.  I've also heard that they hardly have any role in BW2 (though you can play that way in BW1 if you want).  I must admit the baby Creatures (especially the cow) in BW2 are rather cute!

I say go for it. :yes

The game might be a bit short and lacking. But if you have a half decent video card, the graphics are stunning.

the graphics are way better, and the town building is unreal. plus you could also download mods so that you can be different tribes. its a good game. :yes

And it's really great to look at and play, not as good as BnW1 but still fun.

Get them all B&W1 + CI and  B&W2 + BOTG more hours of fun than renting  a video and about the same price. :D

Ha, late reply.  I've already played thru 7 lands of BW2.  And that's with awful frame rates (under 5 fps on cutscreens), too.  Time to upgrade me notebook...  :rolleyes

Gremxula said:
Get them all B&W1 + CI and  B&W2 + BOTG more hours of fun than renting  a video and about the same price. :D
That is probably the best thing to do .

Back