Black squares around torches at night.

georgefeeny123

I recently decided to play BW2 again and I went through the correct steps installing the game and the patches in order.  Everything was working flawlessly until the time of day switched to night.  All of the torches on the street had black squares around them. I tried to search for a solution to no avail.  I'm running the game on Windows 7 with a Nvidia gtx980.  Figured I'd ask you all for any suggestions.  Glad to see there's still support for the game. Thanks in advance.

Hey have you followed this: http://www.bwfiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=7917.0 I think the fan patch might solve your issue.

I did all three of those patches and in the right order.  I did, however, install  battle of the gods as well. Could that have affected the patches?  I'm gonna try to do a clean install regardless and see what happens. It's a shame lionhead hasn't done a remastered version of these games.  I'll let you know what happens.

Hm, well I have the same card as you but I haven't tried Black and White 2 on it yet - I'll probably revisit it in the new year and if I can find these black torches try and patch them.

Back