Black and White 3?

dylan said:
you should be able to get equipment for the creature. think of it a monkey with a battle axe or a cow with armor! c'mon you know it would rock

I'm not so sure if it will work. Creatures are supposed to be more animal-like in behaviour rather than human and use their own natural "armor"and "weapons" , although I'd think that it would be nice if you could buy your Creature various collars, bracelets, necklaces and so on. It will make him happy and add a bit of personality to him  :cool:

I seem to recall something before the release of the original mentioning that the creature would be able to use rocks and trees and things as fights in battle, and was disappointed to find that it just threw things before battle. Maybe not equipment, per say, but certainly using things as weapons might be neat. Especially for, say, the ape creature(s), or similar, which do not have claws and would be more apt to use tools.

The issue of the creatre bearing weapons and being able to wear clothing was the subject of quite a few discussions during the developement of BW2. Opinion seemed to be split on both issues.

Personally, I don't like the idea of either. Click a button and you can outfit your creature like in Spore. :rolleyes

Kays said:
Click a button and you can outfit your creature like in Spore. :rolleyes

And we all know what meaningful gameplay that added to the game :rolleyes .

I agree with Kays.  While it would be cool to see an Ape wield a big tree like a club (in place of having claws), you could see what'd come next - people complaining that their Tiger can't wield a club either :( !

You could never resolve all the balancing issues to everyone's satisfaction.

As for armour, while it might look cool, I believe it takes away from the beastial quality of the creatures.  Sure, they had tatoos in B&W1 and I rather liked those as they could have a more wild feel to them if you so wished.  But it'd be much harder to keep that quality with armour.

Though I don't exactly support the armour idea, you have to keep in mind that BW3, following the time-line, would be just before the Renaissance period, so the progression might make sense.

Perhaps the armour could be decorated with particular designs, or warp with your creature's behaviour, or even just have a player symbol emblem on it.

Also, maybe the tiger owners would be happier if we made it so that the ape could use weapons, but the tiger could bounce on its tail. It follows along the logical natural path.

Frankly, I quite enjoyed the style of BW1 and 2, and would not really change much. However, i loved the 'free will' of your creature in BW1.. where you'll never know what he has learnt or has not learnt.. That made it (sometimes frustrating) rewarding when he does something you want..

Also, i liked the battle style of BW1.. where you can teach him where to strike..Its more interactive that way..

However, if as a suggestion, i'd liked BW3 to give us more powers as gods.. perhaps some terraforming abilities.. A god that has the power to literally move mountains to protect his city..  :laugh2

But the idea of having an evolving creature is also great.. To have him vulnerable and weak at the beginning, and slowly becoming an ancient beast.. Much like leviathan and behemoth in the Bible. :yes

wow, heated debate. :D

im surprised that the creature isnt bigger like in BW1. but they scaled everything down in BW2. can you imagine a creature half the size of the island? no, i believe.

if in BW3 we had the computing capacity to scale everything up by, say 3 (that includes army sizes, city sizes(but not as much, because i beleive that they were too big compared to the island. no island that size could support 1000 people), resource sizes, the size and power of walls and buildings, the strength and range of miracles, the size of the island, and the amount of power the enemy had at its disposal, the creature could afford to be bigger.

and anyway, about creature armour, i dont think a creature would look as much like an animal if you gave him metal to hide behind. :rolleyes

Lionhead actually was going to make 5 black and white games, believe it or not. I have no idea what have happened though. Some say they are working on it without telling us, and will come up with a 3rd one, becoming richer than microsoft. Some say they dropped the interest of black and white, some say they didn't have enough money... It's up to you and all the small signs that lionhead have gave us.

Okay, heres my idea (probably a bit over edge). 

First you have a normal campaign, BUT on the last island you can choose an island and make a massive city on it. After that, you can travel to other peoples Islands, and trade conquer etc. It would be a bit like spore, but online.

After i typed this, i realized the idea is blody stupid.

Greets, Cookie

No, I think it's good.

In fact it looks a bit like my idea of black and white ^^.

Here's my idea :

1) Non-humanoid creatures : Yes this will stop some creatures from collecting or building or lifting things up. But this will make the game interesting and make the creature more like an animal than a big ugly villager.

2) Dress and equip you're creature : You should be able to dress you're creature (give it a mask or lether straps or what ever to make scary/pretty) or equip it whith big bags to contain food for example. Or an armor to incrase it's defence. This will however have a higher ressource need though.

3) Build on the creature? : I drew an idea of how an evil turtle sould look like, and then I had the idea of drawing a tower on it (like in lotr with the mummakils). This could give more possibilities of strategie (build a city center on it perhaps?).

4) warriors and workers will have to go to a food stock to go and eat. In BW2 the soldiers were eating (even if we don't see them eat) at the other end of the map where their was nothing.

5) MULTIPLAYER : says it all.

6) You can go and fight as a soldier : a miracle that costs huge amounts of mana that will let you go down to earth and fight/impress you're enemies. You can use miracle and can act outside of you're influence ring. It should have a limited time though.

7) More creatures : I've made a list of creatures that would want to see in the game :
Tortoise, turtle, lion/tiger/leopard, elephant, rhino, hippo, cow, wolf, ape/monkey, bear/panda, beattle, crad/lobster, whale?, squid/octopus, eagle, vaultor, bat, butterfly.

You have noticed that you can have a flying or swimming creature. Well the skies and the oceans were once said to be the territory of the gods.

8) Sea travel : boats to travel to another land or fight an ennemy with you're creature.

9) You don't pick witch creature you have : there should be only wild creatures that you can taim to take control over them, by beating the crap out of the or by being nice to them and make them want to help you (requires to go down to earth since that they will always be out of your influence ring.

10) Better AI : I'm fed up of the ennemy not having a great strategy to stop my armies from getting to them.

I've ran out of ideas now...

I think teraforming would be neat. The ability to raise and lower land at will=Godly. Obviously, some kind of edge-detect so you don't screw up the coasts.

Anyway, I have at this point entirely given up hope at ever seeing BW3. If Molyneaux ever "gets around" to it, I'm sure it will be many centuries after we are all dead and gone and the only living things left on earth after the Reckoning are Molyneaux, Ballmer, Gates and various other daemons.

Agreed on terraforming in BW3.  That should be an inherant godly power.

Likewise on BW3 ever coming out.  Though you forgot Steve Jobs.  He's up there with Gates as far as corporate daemons go.  But don't worry, a hero shall save the day.  Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick the horsemen of the Apocalypse and turn their skeleton horsies into maguhu.

Daily Definition: Maguhu is a type of Chinese "upright fiddle".  The body of the instrument is made from a horse bone, usually a leg bone.  Hence its name, which literally means horse bone fiddle.

I knew there was a Steve I was forgetting, but I kept wanting to say it was the Waz, and I knew that wasn't it.

Also, in my particular Apocalypse story, Eris Discords Fenrir into summoning Desu to call forth the end of the world, which of course is chemically catalyzed by off-coloured eyes.

believe it or not, there actually IS a way to terraform the land in BW2, but its ridiculously long. by creating volcano wonders near the coast the land can sometimes change shape, but it happens very slowly. alternatively, to flatten land, place loads of really large foundations of buildings everywhere and demolish them before resources get wasted creating them.

Yes, but that is not direct control over the height of the terrain. It is tedious and really reliant not necessarily on a glitch, but on something that you probably aren't expected to utilize, being tedious and frustrating.

Lol, immagine some cool guy, who has made a mountain of vulcano leftovers, respect for that. That's useless.

There is a way to terraform: 1. open landscapeeditor.exe
                                                2. Edit
                                                3. Save and you're done.

Again: In-game editing. The ability to go on, say, "Hey, I want a lookout here for my platoon/creature/some scenery behind my temple/other thing. I'm going to spend a bunch of worship/tribute/what the Hell ever to erect a mountain exactly the way I want it right here, and still have a dynamic challenge to the game instead of just doing as I please like that TheContradiction guy!" and then do all of that.

Yeah, I read the first part of that sentence and was going to say "I was writing in the style of GLaDOS," but then I finished reading the sentence and realized you must already have noticed that.

THAT WAS A JOKE, HAHA, FAT CHANCE.

But look at me still talking when there's Science to do.

Back