B&W1 versions 1.1 and 1.2 no longer start up

Jaden

Elder
Basically, the game's always ran before for me using 1.1 and 1.2, but now when I try to start it up with either installed (I've uninstalled a number of times) it stays running but with no windows open, it doesn't check the CD drive for a CD, etc.

I've got good enough hardware to play the game, obviously, since I've done it before.  The only things I can think of is 1) to remove the profiles and other things not deleted when uninstalled to a backup directory (I'm about to) or 2) install it to C: (it's currently on drive F:, I don't know if that'd affect it at all, though.)

So far I've not found any reference to this problem in any FAQ's or forums.

There might be a corrupt file which isn't getting overwritten. ???

The best thing to do would be to use the backup utility in the Downloads section and backup the game. Also manually backup the playgrounds folder. Then uninstall the game, delete all of the folders, do a defrag on that drive, then reinstall the game patch it to V1.20, check to see if the game plays and then restore your backup.

Pheww.. :D

I haven't even gotten to restoring the backup yet because uninstalling/deleting it and defragging made no difference.  Nor did installing to the C: drive ;;

I could just play on version 1.0, but for some reason my vortexes don't work (the one for Land 3 to 4 freezes the game when I enter it... if I can't get this working right I'll try working with that problem again ><)

Did you also do a REG clean between the  uninstall- install.
If you dont odd things can happen. The first thing you notice is you don't need to input your code manual code!!
For a fresh install you need to ...
Uninstall B&W1.
Manually Remove the Lionhead Studios Ltd folder.
Use a Registry cleaner to remove  the last traces of the old game.

Er... lol.  I haven't put that code in in years, I think.

But do you have the name of one (or the locations of the keys so I don't have to download one at all)?  I don't usually download programs like registry cleaners so I don't know what to get without it being bundled with spyware ^_^;

Edit: Okay, I manually deleted any instances of "Lionhead" in my registry (except for the soundbank editor...) and I had to retype my activation key.  I thought this was a good thing at first, but once I installed it and reinstalled 1.1 it didn't work again ;_;

Oh, and now CI doesn't start :0 (I just installed it)

Back