B&W 2 crash on save

angrygreek

So I was finishing the second Japanese world, the one with the 2 brothers.

I had taken over all their towns by means of influence. They all deserted their leaders to come to my village.

After doing that, I waited and waited for them to walk over to my town because after you accept the migration you get more tribute points.

I got both the last towns within about 10 minutes of each other. So anyway, I waited for them both to get to my town, the migrated them in.

I checked my town stats and I had over 1000 villagers. I don't know if there is some kind of cap for the number of villagers, but after I checked the numbers I saved the game in a new slot, just in case I wanted to load it later, before going to the next land.

Well, the game crashed when I saved it and I had to replay about 2 hours to beat the level again because I hadn't saved in a while.

I did this a second time, this time I saved right before I migrated in only the smaller of the 2 brother's citizens. Then I saved right after, and the game crashed.

I am running the 1.61 fan patch on top of the standard patches, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with that patch, or an issue with the game itself....but if you have too big of a village you might have an issue saving the game.

So I advise you to save the game frequently to avoid as much lost time as possible if this does happen

Happy conquering!

I have the same or similar issue...
Wait, 1.61 fan patch? I know about 1.3 fan patch but what is 1.61 fan patch?

1.61 if i recap is probably the redux mod . I'm having the same problem . So it must be the amount of villager.. cause i cant save anymore once i have accepted the villager that comes in. gonna try to kill some in army !

It sadly can't be fix I guess

angrygreek said:
So I was finishing the second Japanese world, the one with the 2 brothers.

I had taken over all their towns by means of influence. They all deserted their leaders to come to my village.

After doing that, I waited and waited for them to walk over to my town because after you accept the migration you get more tribute points.

I got both the last towns within about 10 minutes of each other. So anyway, I waited for them both to get to my town, the migrated them in.

I checked my town stats and I had over 1000 villagers. I don't know if there is some kind of cap for the number of villagers, but after I checked the numbers I saved the game in a new slot, just in case I wanted to load it later, before going to the next land.

Well, the game crashed when I saved it and I had to replay about 2 hours to beat the level again because I hadn't saved in a while.

I did this a second time, this time I saved right before I migrated in only the smaller of the 2 brother's citizens. Then I saved right after, and the game crashed.

I am running the 1.61 fan patch on top of the standard patches, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with that patch, or an issue with the game itself....but if you have too big of a village you might have an issue saving the game.

So I advise you to save the game frequently to avoid as much lost time as possible if this does happen

Happy conquering!

Still rate it as one of the best games I have ever played. In 2020 there has been nothing released that is similar to this game's unique style. Everything today is totally geared towards multi/online play and although fun you can't beat a well-thought out singleplayer campaign based game like this.

Back