Animation enum?

SkelApe

Elder
In the LH Documentation there is mention of how to play an animation on a villager, but there appears to be no relative enum. For example, the Documentation states:
Code:
play anim on Sister "M_CRY" loop 5
But i can't find where a list of animations are found, like "M_CRY". Can anyone shed some light on this please?  :upside

I'm assuming that it's the animations for the vilager's expressions and such during cut scenes.

I've not come accross anything like that before and there should be something to control that.  The closest I could find in the enums is VillagerPairedActionEnum.h

Maybe Daxter has an answer.

Hey.

Unlike standard scripting, adding animation is a little bit more involved, to get these I had to dig deep into several core game files to find what I was looking for.

I havent looked much into villager animations but I'll see what I can find, the use of animations are part of my Creature Selection script in the Script Library if you want to take a look and of course again I had to look for what I needed in other game files, its not that easy.

Any progress Dax? Where did you get the creature animations? Maybe then i can have a look for the anims myself.

SkelApe said:
Any progress Dax? Where did you get the creature animations? Maybe then i can have a look for the anims myself.

oh lol, guess I didnt have to do much "digging" to get creature animations. They are listed in the enum file called "CreatureSpec.h" in the Script Compiler folder. I'll look a bit further for villager animations and get back to you.  :)

I just found something in ReactionEnum.h

I think it has to be things like "M_THINK", M_CRY", "M_LAUGH" and so on, based on the documentation. In the reactions enum, they look like responses to stimulae. Thanks for the idea though :)

SkelApe said:
I think it has to be things like "M_THINK", M_CRY", "M_LAUGH" and so on, based on the documentation. In the reactions enum, they look like responses to stimulae. Thanks for the idea though :)

Actually no the concept of "M_CRY" etc was just examples, those were used in BnW1 I think although Im not too sure, however most of the documentation is incorrect after doing some experimentation with different script commands. Id say try out Kays has found and check the results, if not we'll find another way.

I don't think that reaction is the same as an animation. I found this in the documentation.

3.23.1 create reaction object constant
creates a reaction centred around an object which moves with the object the reaction information is stored in the spreadsheet (Misc section) and the enum for which reaction to use is enum.h

attach reaction ScaryCreature REACTION_FLEE_FROM_OBJECT

3.23.2 detach reaction object
removes *every* reaction associated with this object

detach reaction ScaryCreature

3.23.3 detach constant reaction object
removes all reactions of the type associated with this object

detach REACTION_FLEE_FROM_OBJECT reaction ScaryCreature

Daxter said:
Actually no the concept of "M_CRY" etc was just examples, those were used in BnW1 I think although Im not too sure

Indeed, there is an aweful lot of BW legacy floating around in there from when they started production and tried to use the original BW engine, which would still have had all the original commands implemented.

Back