An odd problem....

Crex

I am completely good god, and there are square patches of volcano rock everywhere in B&W 2 and BOTG. How do you get rid of them? They don't pop up in player mad maps if that helps.

It sounds like it could be a graphics card/driver issue.

What is your graphics card and are the drivers up to date? ???

I am not sure what is what so i will post the diagnostics

Your System 

Operating System  Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)/ Windows XP/2000

System Memory 959.5 /512.0

Processor Speed 1002.1 /1600 MHz (1.6 Ghz) 

DirectX Version  9.0c /9.0c

Display Device  NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE   

Display Memory 256.0/64.0

Display Driver 6.14.10.8205 

Sound Device  Realtek HD Audio rear output 

Sound Driver 5.10.00.5213

The latest drivers for your card can be found here. See if that helps.

Can you post a screenshot of what's happening? ???

here it is:
problem2.jpg

do you need a better picture?

Well my eyesight ain't that good, but I get the idea. :)

That looks like an alignment/texture problem. That is the texture which is used when you're evil. But it shouldn't be like that. I vaguely remember seeing someone one post something similar over at the LHS boards quite some time ago. But I don't remember any resolution.

Do you have both patches installed?

Yep I have both patches, I have never edited the map, I am 16.2% good, I do have landscape editor, and I have only taken over the undead gods main town (but the volcano stuff was there before I took it over).
problem3ik8.png
[/URL]

It's got something to do with how the game lays down the textures and I thought it might of been addressed in one of the patches.

Since you do have the landscape editor, how does that landscape look in the editor? ???

It looks perfectly fine in the editor..
problem4lc3.png

I was thinking about removing a layer, but I dont know which layer to remove

That's what I thought.

The only thing I can suggest is to try re-installing the game. It's a pain to do and there's no guarantee that it will help.

Actually I have uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled it 3 times this month and the same thing has happened every time.

Wow this is an intresting problem, havent seen anything like this before.
I'm guessing its one of those problems that your computers cant resolve, for example my computer no matter what I do it will not coporate with itunes.

Back