Alt-tab=game crash (B&W1) and other error

mariostar1992

Lately I have been getting a lot of popups so my game alt-tabs a lot, but the problem is that whenever I or the popups alt-tab my game, when I click the tab at the bottom or alt-tab back to the game, it just dissappears. No error message, just goes away.

Also, I am on the 3rd land and whenever I try to save, the game crashes after a few moments of "Saving...".
This occurs whether I try to manually save or save on exit.

:help!!!!!

You shouldn't be getting all of those pop-us. Start by getting rid of them. Download and run SpyBot. That should get rid of the pop-ups. After that is done, run a defrag on your hard drive. If your still having problems after that, post your system specs.

Open My Computer, right click on that drive, choose Properties, then click on the Tools tab. One of the options is to defragment that drive. If it hasn't been done for a while or it's a large drive, it could take some time to complete.

K...ran spybot several times and did a defrag. Popups have slowed, but still there.

:help!

Ok, Spybot removed a few of the popups, Try out adaware and Windows Defender, they might nab the rest of them.
Viruses and Malware in general have become so bad now-a-days its sometimes impossible to restore your system to it original state.

Also, upgrade to Internet Explorer 7, and keep Windows Defender running all the time.

Well, the pop-up problem may be gone, but my two other problems have NOT been addressed:

1. the problem that alt-tabbing makes B&W1 crash when alt-tabbing or clicking back into it
and
2. whenever I try to save in B&W1, the game crashes.

Try installing Patch 1.2 if you dont have it installed already, Defrag and restart the land... See if that solves your problems.
You might not be able to fix the alt-tab problem though...

Well, I ran ad-aware. After the scan was finished, I checked off all the problems it showed, and clicked Next. First it showed Quarantining Selection with a blue box below it that filled up, then it showed Deleting Selection. What happened is that the blue bar filled all the way, but it didn't dissappear and nothing further happened. It stayed that way for like 20 minutes.

It might be an idea to run it again to make sure it finished the job properly..

Nauge said:
You might not be able to fix the alt-tab problem though...

I believe that there's a problem with some nVidia cards not allowing you to Alt-Tab out of the game.

Have you tried Alt-S to save?

I didn't know you could save in B&W1 with Alt-S.  :shocked

But no matter whether I go to the Temple and save, go to Skirmish and have the game auto-save, or try to exit and auto-save, it always crashes. So I doubt it would make any difference >.>

Also, I ran ad-aware again and the same thing happened...just freezes at "deleting selection"...

Ad aware and B&W1 have both run on the 4 Differen PC's I have had without problems W98-2000pro.
Just to clarify the situation.
You are using what version of windows and which service pack.
Cloned XP versions often fall over through lack of updates.

If you have any trainers or no-cd hacks you should do something about it.I don't know what because i have the same problem. :( bBut i ran out of space on my disk drive and i think thats why i can't save.but ummm anyone help ethier of us...

Back