alpha channel

anglosaxon

Elder
could someone alpha channel the black areas in this image please? i tried to do it my photoshop but i dont have the right version.

Alrighty! :) Question though; why did the alpha dissapear?

A few other questions.. edit time was over.. so;

1. Why bitmap? Those don't support Alpha Channels, I'll give it back in TGA

2. I am doing quite a shoddy job, perhaps the original in TGA format would give the true alpha layer it first had?

3. What can I use to open DDS? And, don't say a plug-in, I prefer a program that can do without, Paint Shop Pro doesn't do well under unsupported plug-ins..

flagicons_icons000.png

as you can see, it's not a perfect job, but, I can't do it any better without waisting time on it, that isn't suposed to be waisted, if I get the original! ^^

thanks alot. its been areal pain trying to work out what was going wrong.
why did the alpha dissapear? well  :sorry but i have no idea what your talking about. the reason i wanted alpha channeling is because i am making a mod, and this file is part of the od that replaces greek flags. it didnt work, all i saw was a black box, but eventually (9:00 - 12:00!!!!) i found out that i needed to alpha channel the file. i dont have any software that makes alpha channeling work, so i had to put it to the forums.
and for a dds converter, just type in dds converter on google and download from one of the links.

just tried it today, and its fine. a few pixels have been cut off here and there but it doesnt matter, its only a mod.
thanks a bunch! (of bananas) :p

Back