A small question. ((Okay, so not so small...))

Aquaticus

Is it possible to edit the weapons and shields for the armies? Edit the fourth: As in the shapes, for example from sword to axe, etc...
Edit the first: Also, is there a more detailed explanation of the Villager balance file? I found and read the wiki one, but it doesn't explain why there are three different values for the same thing...
Edit the second: Also, are there any weirdness's in the modding tools, such as things that just don't make sense? I'm new to modding and such!
Edit the third: Also, thanks in advance! :)

yes, there is a way to change the models like the swords, but you can only swap it for an existing model. i think you have to unpack the "everything.big" file in your bw2 folder, but be sure to back up the whole data file first and then unpack the backup.
after that you need to rename whatever file you want to be the NEW sword/shield, then rename it "m_newgreeksword.bwm" or "m_newgreekshield.bwm", and put it in C:/program files/lionhead/black and white 2/data/art/models. it should work as soon as you start a new game.

Back