A Rather Questionable Mistake...

Okapidragon

Elder
It would seem that, in altering Land 5 for a new skirmish map, I accidentally saved the modified map over the original. I realized this, but, before I sorted out the problem, I played through just for kicks. Imagine my surprise when I found that a) there is now a sheltered area that works quite well for a new village to gain land protected (fairly) from Nemesis, and there is a ridge of mountains which now blocks about half of the meteors. If I can ever find my flash drive, I might upload it, but I just thought it was a rather funny mistake.

LOL, was that the landscape you altered?

Was it the .lnd file which you altered.

Oh, yes.  :)
There isn't much difference from the original, but there's a land bridge between the first Norse town and the first Tibetan town, some mountains by the temple (which the creature sometimes has trouble accessing, now), a large, enclosed glade in the middle of the island, surrounded by mountains, and a large flat area hemmed by a mountainous wall that faces the vulcano where the Greek village usually is. Also, I got it done in two saves (though I found one more block of poor coastline, so I'll need another), so only a little area around the vulcano has the coastline glitch.

Back