A Japanese Town Center.

Kays

Elder
Since there seems to be continued interest in the Japanese Mod. I decided to do something I had been thinking about but never got around to. And that is to reskin the Greek town center so it would look more Japanese. Here's what I've come up with so far. It just needs a bit of fixing up before it's ready.

Also I should do a  Good and Evil version and am looking for suggestions.

That looks really nice  :;):

If you want suggestions for the Good and Evil version I have some little ideas:

• 1.Good version:If the Neutral skin is more  Blue-Cyan combination how about making the Good skin more lighter at the colors,a light-aqua-blue-like color will look really nice.The gold should be light yellow and if you can,you can "draw" on it symbols(you know dots,squares etc.).
        The pillars look  cool and to make them look even cooler I would suggest to draw on very small animals(cows,lions,horses,pigeons etc.)
    If you want I can help you with the drawings.

• 2.Evil version:Try and combine two of these colors:Dark red and Dark Blue.It would look really nice if you would blend these two colors together to make it look like some sort of contrast.Try making the base skin with cracks and scratches and on it you can also draw symbols.The symbols for the Good Version should be more roundish(the colors would be light silver or gold to make them stand out)  and the symbols for the Evil Version should be more sharp(the colors woulds be silver or bronze,they also should stand out).As for the gold in the neutral and Good I would suggest dark silver or bronze for the Evil.I would think that bronze would fit  the skin better than the dark silver .But you can choose from these two colors.If you want you can combine them together.On the pillars instead of animals you could draw demons,lots of small demons or even animals but they should look more evil.

That's all for now.If some new idea pops out in my mind about the skin I'll let you know  :;):   

Thanks for the comments.

I think I'm going to change it a bit and use the dark blue for nuetral and the cyan for good. For evil red and blue should work nicely. I also need to revisit that gold top. I don't like the way it looks. I can try placing symbols on it but I think they might distort.

The pillars look  cool and to make them look even cooler I would suggest to draw on very small animals(cows,lions,horses,pigeons etc.)
If you want I can help you with the drawings

I like that idea. If you could make some, please do. The space in there is only about 50x135 px. Unless I eliminate the panels in there.

'Course I would do such thing  :laugh:

This would be for the good version

Ok.I gave my first try at drawing a horse (OMG,rly?)

I tried doing some ornaments...but failed  :blush

[br][br]Added: [time]1182614312[/time]Sorry for  double posting but I made another two:

A wolf and a flying chick...err...I mean pigeon  :laugh2

By the way how many of these things do you need Kays? :p :upside

They do look nice.  :yes

Three is enough. Any chance of three similar darker figures for the evil skin?

Unfortunately, I might not get a chance to work on this for a day or two. So I won't be able to post what they look like till then.

you should do a whole set of reskinned greek buildings everyone of them into japanese style i could help you if liked :)

Errr...Ok I finished the Evil Animals

And they look really nice...I love the bloody wolf  :angry

Thanks for those. :)

Spent tonight working on it but haven't quite finished it up enough to view it in game yet

Allali said:
you should do a whole set of reskinned greek buildings everyone of them into japanese style i could help you if liked :)

I don't think Im up to doing the remaining buildings. This is enough for now :p

But I'm thinking of packaging it up with the Japanese models as an add-on for the Japanese mod. So if you wish to help and contribute a few skins it would be a nice addition.

hi! om OrderOfDarkness in the lionhead boards, so i think kay knows me... after all i know him xD

i think in japan they like gold as a color, so if you could make the good version with a bright, shiny gold...  niiiice :D

the evil version with red / copper or something...

regards!

Kays said:
Thanks for those. :)

Spent tonight working on it but haven't quite finished it up enough to view it in game yet

I don't think Im up to doing the remaining buildings. This is enough for now :p

But I'm thinking of packaging it up with the Japanese models as an add-on for the Japanese mod. So if you wish to help and contribute a few skins it would be a nice addition.

Sure when i get some free time i'll make some more and post them onto the site :)

Kain said:
hi! om OrderOfDarkness in the lionhead boards, so i think kay knows me... after all i know him xD

i think in japan they like gold as a color, so if you could make the good version with a bright, shiny gold...   niiiice :D

the evil version with red / copper or something...

regards!

Hey, welcome to our forums :)

That's something I've yet to finish. Copper would be a good colour for evil.

Allali said:
Sure when i get some free time i'll make some more and post them onto the site :)

Cool, thanks. :)

I think it's just about done. The synbols on the good pillars look fine but I don't know about them on the evil skin.

hi!
ok, it really looks cool, but i think you should change some things:

- the dirrerent between the neutral and the good building are too small, there is only a small difference (both is blue and white and golden)
- maybe more grey for the neutral one (like its just a building made of stones)
- the symbols on the good pillars are hard to recognize but i like them on the evil one
- this ring (don't know how to call it) which is golden on the good and the neutral one, should be black or copper but not only grey

ok thats all for now :D

the dirrerent between the neutral and the good building are too small, there is only a small difference (both is blue and white and golden)

I tried a dark blue on the neutral  version, but it didn't look right so I went back to the lighter blue.

the symbols on the good pillars are hard to recognize but i like them on the evil one

They are light to start with, but don't look that bad in game.

I think I might make some minor changes to the neutral version but that's about it.

on what are you working atm?
are you still working on the japanese mod or something else or nothing?
:p

Now that looks cool...
And as Dark-Heavem said,How about making the Pillars in the good version shiny Gold i think it would look even more nice =]

That's kinda dificult to do since I'm using the images made by Thunder Eclipse on the columms

What I did instead was to add gold trim in a number of places.

Kain said:
on what are you working atm?
are you still working on the japanese mod or something else or nothing?
:p

Nope, this is it. Got other things to do also.

Back