00din's "Skirmish Tool"

Daxter_06

Recently I have spoken with 00din in regards to a Skirmish Mode being created. He has assured me that the tool is currently being developed and be ready hopefully by next week. The tool's expected features will include:

- Installing/Uninstalling custom maps
- Viewing map details such as Readme
- Loading installed maps into the game
- Simple Window app with no complex menus or controls

This is very exciting news for BnW2 and the community and I hope you all appreciate such a fine piece of work.

this is going to be awesome!
so it will be on the game interface ie continue, load game etc?
cant wait...havent seen it yet, but nice job 00din!

Indeed, it's good to know that people still have enough interest in BnW2 that they would go as far as do this. Good job 00din

I have some more good news. As a member of the team you will get the chance to test it for yourself but to wrap any loose ends about interface, here is a screenie of the tool.

Oh yes the pic mentions something about a .sif file which is used to install the map's files to the proper folders.

Here is a screenie of creating a .sif file and behind it is the section of the readme which explains the window.

So this is designed to automatically install maps for skirmish, FOR you? :O This is gonna ROCK!!! I can only imagine how much publicity we'll get cause people will get skirmish, and use this tool. Think about it!!!

Exactly. The Skirmish tool lists all those maps that have been installed using it. 00din plans to add the features of .cif for campaign maps or those with more than 1 land like OGaM plus also there will be an option to download maps and then install them(all automatic) from Kayssplace.

I agree though with this being released, BnW2 has finally had a hole filled with Skirmish and activity should pick up if the news is spread to the right places, plus that with the God AI the days of BnW1 will come bak and maybe those playing BnW1 will come to BnW2 and start to make new custom maps. The future is certain that BnW2 will come to life and LH won't be able to share in the glory because Microsoft won't let them do anything about it and in the long run I don't blame LH.

The thing is that I want to brand it as OGaM property, just another awesome addition to it but I don't know. :D

I am absolutely amazed and appreciative of how the game is coming and has exceeded my own expectations and who do I have to thank, why everyone of course.  :)

Wow... I'm awesome. :cool:

I need an icon for the app. Any volunteers?

OGaM is now listed as the company in the exe details. I made this as a part of the OGaM team (indeed, if not for OGaM I would probably not have made it), so I take it for granted that it should be presented as a product of the team's efforts to improve this game. :)

By the way, I'm pretty much done with a version that can handle some serious testing.

At Daxter: Well, if we can get some more people to vote yes on our petition, we can send it in, and hopefully get some tools. So they can still take a little credit.

At 00din: That's very good news! I wonder if it's possible to sync up with the online portion of OGAM, but that's probably a job for another day.

http://serdan.eu/downloads/bnw2/BnW2_Skirmish_Tool_by_Serdan.rar

Test version.

Il try it some time. Still got to try to make a few skirmishes...

Back