Won't stop watering trees

naossoan

Hi everyone.

I played B&W a long time ago and just remembered about the game a few days ago and reinstalled it.

I immediately used the creature changer to change to the Lion as I like him the best.

Then I went to the Extreme Growth map and got him to around 84% before going back to the first land and actually playing.

So far I've taught him the Food, Water, and Healing miracles, but I'm having some issues fine tuning my creature.

Also on a side note for some reason the Creature Help is not working...does it not work on the first land?

Anywhoozle

When I taught my lion the water miracle, I cast it on farms, and on trees until he learned it fully.
If he happens to be in town, he will sometimes cast it on the empty farms.

But more times than not he randomly runs around casting water on trees all over the place.

I have punished him many many many times but he will NOT stop doing it.
I have even taking him into town, used the water miracle myself on some farms instead and he would do it too, but he never does it consistently.

Like after I get his attention and cast it, he will cast it and I will praise him then he will cast it again. I could praise him again but then he would just cast it over and over if I just keep praising him for it.

I have beat him anywhere between 40% and 90% for watering trees, but he still continues to do it pretty much more than anything else he ever does.

What is going on?

edit:: I've been staying on the first land because I need to make sure I've got him well behaved before moving on to the other islands as it is only going to be harder to keep him under control while I've got other gods fighting against me. He needs to be 100% awesome before moving on. I still find him eating villagers occasionally which I beat the hell out of him for too. 4 or 5 he's eaten.

Hi, it sounds like he needs to find another hobby.  :p

Right now he knows only the very basics and isn't fully aware of when to use them. My suggestions is to go to a url=http://www.bwfiles.com/files/category.php?id=29]skirmish training map[/url], either mine or Kilroys Training grounds and show him some more miracles. As well as when and how to use them. Water, for instance is mostly used in certain occasions. Watering crops, or trees, and putting out fires. Show him how to impress with heal, heal inc, flock of birds,  etc. Give him some options.

My map is a good place to start since there are miracle dispensers at the entrance to most villages. Then move up to Kilrioy's for further training since it has a second god and creature.

Also, once you go into a skirmish map,  creature help will appear.

Ugh I'm trying to teach him stuff and he just doesn't do it.

For example, I taught him the Wood miracle on the workshop when it's wood flag is up.

He knows the miracle 100% now, but still refuses to cast it.
Every time I focus his attention on me casting the miracle it says "your creature has learned how to cast Miracle Wood" or whatever, and he does his little "ah hah!" animation (points his hand in the air)

Then goes and grabs a tree and throws it at the workshop. He will keep doing this a number of times repeatedly, but he WILL NOT cast the wood miracle.

Why is he so freaking stupid? Maybe I will change my creature back into the Ape for learning sake, then change him back into the Lion later.

Your creature is not being stupid.
From what you have said you have taught him  to supply the workshop with wood and the wood miracle at the same time.
Now from the creatures point of view if there are trees handy he will use them to supply the need and not the miracle.
The reserves used to cast  a miracle come directly from the creature  and when exhausted have to be replaced by eating and sleeping.

Back