Wonder related questions

In the 10+ years I've played B&W I never paid much attention to Wonders. I always thought the wood they required wasn't worth it in the end because I was never really wowed by them.

I should give them another chance by the sound of things. I love Land 3 but the lack of wood, even with the miracle dispenser, makes it a pain unless you spend a half hour putting wood into the vortex from Land 2 (which I have done countless times). Sorry, I'm rambling a bit ???

Remix: I should try building Wonders. No question really, just joining in ^_^

Yeah, wonders are great.

Incidentally, I'm having a terrible bout of apathy and while I'm also working on the script for the Lost map, no less, so if someone could make me a map, nothing special, just a single village with about a hundred people, one workshop from each tribe and a whole bunch of houses (all the people and houses can be in the same two spots, it doesn't have to look good, just work well), one of each kind of civic building (the store should have a lot of resources in it as should all of the workshops) and all the miracle dispensers on a landscape like the Castle, large and flat, though any would do, that would be great. The village can be any kind, and all the buildings except the dispensers, temple, workshops (each and every workshop, I can't control what kind of wonder I'm making if I can't identify scaffolding) and store can just be in one spot. I just need one of each kind of workshop and some rocks to use as artifacts. If nobody makes such a map in the next two weeks or so, I'll probably be ready to actually do something myself, but I'd rather not do any work.  :p  :D

Hello,

As far as I know the Aztec wonder increases power of the fireball spell and the megablast spell.
Fireballs lose power while flying, so with the wonder built the fireballs will fly longer and still do a good amount of damage to buildings.
The Indian wonder increases the damage of the lightning spell, so that you are able to beat creatures very quickly or to destory whole villages within a few seconds.
The Japanese wonder increases duration of the Freeze Miracle that you use on enemy creatures.
The Greek wonder will increase the duration of the holy flies spell.
The Norse wonder increases the amount of the food,wood and water spells that you gain for casting it once.
I think those are not all wonders. Of course the wonders are useful even when they cost a whole lot of wood. It always depends on the situation what wonder you need and how long the game may take.
In my opinion the Norse wonder is best, because you get everything you need to make a good village. But maybe i am just not aggressive enough to like the stronger fireballs =)

-Bisasam

:suspect The fireball doesn't lose power as it flies. The power-up s that it catches things on fire more quickly, so that instead of only setting fire to whatever it lands on, it can set fire to anything it touches while flying, and increases the radius in which things around it catch fire.

The Greek wonder also increases the amount of Wolves you make, which is enough with a big wonder to wipe out an entire huge village, or to use the wolves--lightning trick to improve your Alignment by ~20% with each cast.

I spoke by PM to vezrilx, and I think we're going to try to put together a FAQ or guide on wonders, so anybody's research they have to contribute is helpful. I'll try to post most of what I have in a single spoilered post later today, so that we can see how far we are so far.

Too late for me to read every post, but I read the first 5.

I used a Singing stone on land 4 (Yes I got it from land 1) and turned it into an artifact.

I then created a norse wonder. Where ever I placed it, it was tiny. Next to the stone it was full size. (I also noticed that if you move the stone around when there is no symbol, and symbol might appear.)

Took me AGES to build it, but after I did my food miracles gave 120k food per use, and wood game 180k wood per use.

Then I created 2 full size Japanese wonders, and now my BASIC heal (Not the increased version) reaches the entire island. I heal everyone at once. :/

I also made a Norse Wonder full size on land 2. I cast 4 Wood miracles, and 4 food miracles on top of the Vortex. It took a FULL 5 minutes for the vortex to close. I started land 3 with over 750k wood and food. :/

Never tried it with 2 full size Norse. :/ If 1 Japanese wonder full size gives a huge range, and two gives me range over the entire island. I wonder what 2 Norse would do.

Better yet, I wonder what 2 full size Aztek would do to a megablast extreme.

All that is upgraded about the Megablast, it seems, is how big the radius of destruction around each blast is. So it would increase the area it destroyed probably by 2x in all.

Well if two Japanese wonders make the Heal miracle cover the entire land 4, and one norse wonder turns the wood spell from 2k to 170k per use, I think it might be more than 2x.

I need to make a new account and try it. I'm trying to be pure good on this one. :D

Well, what you're thinking is that the entire thing is a single radius. If you double the radius of the entire Extreme Megablast miracle, whiat it actually means is that you have multiplied the radius of the outermost blasts by many times, since the increase is to the range of each blast, not the whole field. Do you get what I'm saying?

Here, let me state it another way. With the ordinary single-shot megablast, a wonder increases its range. With two full-sized wonders (which I believe would meet the cap for increasing the power of miracles, as it has in my experience), that range would go from being about as wide as the crater that is left when the miracle strikes to being about fifteen times that (I have not actually tested the particular miracle to its limits yet, so this is speculation on the cap on the radius based on the cap on other increases). So it would be essentially like wood going from 2k to 170k, since the aggressive miracles don't seem to increase as much. However, one can't make the mistake of assuming that an Extreme Megablast is like one giant megablast, because it is not. It is actually a whole bunch of small megablasts in what I would guess to be about twenty times the radius of a single megablast, but each one still just has the power of a single megablast. So if the total radius is twenty times that of a normal megablast, and then the radius of each megablast is increased by a factour of fifteen, then you don't end up with 15x20=300 times the radius of the unaided megablast extreme, you get 20+15=35, or a bit less than twice the unaided radius.

Of course, if my guess at the cap for the radius is wrong, those factours could potentially be so much higher as to make it a moot point. However, in that case, using the extreme form of the miracle would have negligible benefits anyway.

And I don't think that the radius or frequency in which the separate blasts appear in the extreme increases, or at least I haven't observed any increase, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to know what patch BrotherBear is running, and if his numbers for food and wood are accurate.

I'm still under the impression that 70400 food/166000 wood is the max power you can get from Norse wonders (being 10x the amount), though increased food miracles should be more around 110-120k. (The miracle is not on any of the main story lands hence I don't get around to it much.)

I figured he was talking about food increase. Wood IS about 170k, if you round.

Yeah, so do we. But your numbers are higher than the cap that we have seen-- As in, building wonders until the amount stops rising. This makes sense, however, for food INCREASE, and is only slightly off for wood.

Probably a bit late to post this, but ah, well...

I've spent a lot of time paying attention to wonders and what they do, and most of the stuff in this topic is correct.  There's also some left out info as well.

Norse - As mentioned before, this wonder powers up the food, wood, and water miracles.  Food and wood yield more.  Water becomes stronger in that it puts out fires much faster, depending on how many wonders you have and how large they are.  What hasn't been said (unless I've missed it) is that the wonder-amplified water also increases the rate of trees sprouting from watering other trees.  Now, don't take this the wrong way and think, "Oh, then I'll just build a bunch of artifact powered Norse wonders and have a ton of trees!"  It doesn't work quite like that. An unpowered water miracle will normally, in my experience, yield one or two trees in ~two waterings.  With a bunch of wonders, it makes it almost guaranteed to sprout, at most, one or two trees from ONE water miracle. 

Celtic - Powers up the storm. I want to say it powers up something else, but I can't seem to think of what it is.  This wonder doesn't really change rank one storm, but it makes rank two ignite powerful fires when lightning strikes something.  Rank three makes the lightning and tornado more powerful, but no fires ignite (unless my game is buggy, even though it's patched).  I THINK it MAAAAY empower the forest miracle, but it doesn't cause much of a change, if I recall correctly.

Indian - It DOES increase birthrate, in my experience.  The villages I build these in usually have a huge burst of population.  It also speeds up villagers and, depending on how many of these wonders you have, makes them move so fast that it's hard to pick them up, even when pausing the game and unpausing when you're hovering over them (main reason I never build these anymore, as I don't need help increasing my population growth). It also increases the POWER of the lightning miracle, not the duration.  Rank one lightning will destroy buildings pretty slowly, but with some of these wonders, those buildings will be destroyed with just one lightning bolt.

Tibetan - This one increases the bird miracle and I THINK the shields and teleport miracles.  The amount of birds increases with one of these wonders (and with a lot of these wonders, the birds will stream from your hand for waaaay over ten seconds, making it impossible to set stuff down safely on the ground, until the birds stop spawning).  Increases shield strength, I'm pretty sure.  And IF it empowers the teleport, it increases the duration that it will last.

Japanese - As said earlier, this one empowers the heal miracle and reduces that village's (I THINK it's just the one village that the wonder is in) desires.

Egyptian - Also increases the teleport and bird miracles, maybe the shield in the same way the Tibetan wonder does.  Another wonder I feel like there's something missing, but I can't seem to recall what it is at the moment.

Aztec - Destructive miracles EXCEPT the lightning miracle or storm miracle.  My aztec wonders NEVER empowered my lightning bolts/storms, whichever one it is (heck, it may have been both, I can't remember :p )

Greek - Wolves and, again, if I recall correctly, makes your villagers hardier (tougher).

That's all  I can remember at the moment, as I haven't played B&W in months because I lost my CD. D: D: D: 

Back