Why is Lethys, Nemesis's ally?

KiarasBiggestFan

This always confused me, since Nemesis made it clear he wanted to be the only God.

I have a few theories:

1. Lethys didn't know

2. Lethys thought if he helped Nemesis, he'd be spared

3. When he and Nemesis were the only two left he'd kill him and become the only god instead

That always confused me as well. Probably Nemesis promised Lethys great power or something, but never intended to deliver it to him.

The big question for me is [spoiler alert]

What happens to Lethys actually if you spare him on land 3, because at the very end, the consciences clearly state that "you are the one and only god now" (translation might not be exact since I'm playing on the french version). This would assume that Lethys dies even if you spare him... Could it be that Nemesis is so cruel that, after your departure from Land 3, Nemesis visits Lethys while you're helping your old village, notices his failure and destroys him as a punishment? I can't help but feel bad for Lethys at that point :(

I think Nemesis recruited him to keep Khazar busy while he built up his power base on land 5. Whether it was through placating him or outright threats is up to your imagination, I'd believe.

As i know, Lethis is an disciple of nemesis, and... My theory, Nemesis and Lethys killed so much gods in the world, and as nemesis continues killing gods and gain power, Lethys start a war against Khazaar, and probably, in the second land, is one of the much lands that they have the war begins... As Nemesis finally retourned with oustanding powers, he was able to destroy and kill Kazhaar... Thats is ... Lethys was an nemesis opponent, and Nemesis spared him... Aaand Lethys didnt have any choise to surviva than join to Nemesis plans...

Ades said:
The big question for me is [spoiler alert]

What happens to Lethys actually if you spare him on land 3, because at the very end, the consciences clearly state that "you are the one and only god now" (translation might not be exact since I'm playing on the french version). This would assume that Lethys dies even if you spare him... Could it be that Nemesis is so cruel that, after your departure from Land 3, Nemesis visits Lethys while you're helping your old village, notices his failure and destroys him as a punishment? I can't help but feel bad for Lethys at that point :(

Thats kind of what I thought of what happens. Its a shame you cant ally with him and kill Nemesis together. That might have been a little more interesting for a game ending  :D

Back