What is this about graphics.config?

leathaface

I'm probably not the first to experience lag with BW2... But yea, I am!  :happytears:
I don't even know why neither.. i'm past the recommended  requirements..  :(

My CPU specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
2.20 GHz
2gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7025

This forum mentions something about graphics.config.. and after doin a couple of searches for it, i still don't understand the idea behind it...  :suspect

Can anyone clarify and perhaps teach me how to optimize my performance?  :help
I've tried updating drivers and tweaking nvidia settings.. hardly any difference there.

The graphics.config file is in the Data folder. What it does is to set the graphics levels for each card. Open it with Notepad. and you'll see a series of lines for the various graphics cards which were available then. What you'll need to do is to add a line for your card. There's an explanation at the top which describes each value. Since I suspect that you have a built in card you might want to start with the values of 2-1-2.

Also, if you have both patches installed you do have better control over the graphics settings. You can cut back on some to increase performance.

2-1-2 worked perfectly, thanks!

Gee who would've guessed a 2005 game could be so graphically intensive  :laugh2

Great. :)

Not only is it graphics intensive. It can also be very CPU intensive. You can still get lag if there's something like a major battle happening.

How i can make my video card work on bw2? i had ati hd5500 how i change? :help

Just edit the file as above but use 3-0-3 on the nvidia 5500 part of the list.
Generic explanation over the years since B&W2 has been out both the  ATI and Nvidia card numbering systems have crossed over.
An ATI 9xxx card is very old but has the same series number is used for the latest cards.
The same for Nvidia their newest cards are the same number as old ATI.
All you need is for ...............your Graphics Card number...............3..................0..............3
to be on the same line somewhere in the list for the game  in the graphics.config file.
Works for all 32 + 64 bit versions.

Grahics card make do not seem to be used. I could have made that a bit clearer.
Just glad you figured it out. :D

Back