Welcome to BWFiles

Kays' Place is no more; unfortunately the website that was home to Black and White has fallen into an irreparable state, so BWFiles has been made to salvage what was left, over the past few years I've salvaged and patched what I could from Kays' Place to bring you this.

All the file downloads from Kays' Place are here and can be accessed from the files part of the main menu - the downloads system is currently in read-only mode as I've had to hastily put this site together from the broken pieces of old Kays' Place data and code, hopefully I can enable the system to accept file uploads again in the near future, but for the time being you can only download files.

All users, threads and posts have also been salvaged from Kays' Place, so if you previously had an account there, you will be able to log in here with the same details.

As the Black and White franchise ages, it gets harder and harder to keep it running on our modern systems, here are a couple of threads that will let you play the games to their true potential on modern systems:

* Running Black and White on Windows 7/8/10
* Running Black and White 2 (and BotG) on Windows 7/8/10

Once again, this site has been put together hastily, not everything will work as intended right away, please reply to this thread if you see something that isn't quite working right and I'll fix it asap.

The Fan Patch Fix for the Black & White tutorial you posted is false, you posted the BW2 Fix. Other than that, thank you for storing all the files that were previously on Kayssplace and everything else you did!

Padster said:
The Fan Patch Fix for the Black & White tutorial you posted is false, you posted the BW2 Fix. Other than that, thank you for storing all the files that were previously on Kayssplace and everything else you did!

oops, fixed that thanks ^_^

It's the first time I see a site disappear like this without everything being lost. Bravo for you! Great to see you already made preparations, I love this site.

Thanks for keeping most of this up! I was just playing the other day (literally a week ago) and I downloaded a few things off of kays's place. It'd be a real shame if all those files got lost.

I used to view the old site about once or twice a week and will continue here.

Likewise.  I had admin rights on the forums and even once had FTP access to the backend many years ago.

But thankfully, Matt got a hold of most of the data before the site collapsed.  Like Grem, I still check in on the forums on a regular basis, so it's nice to see this still going :) .

Prioninyourhead said:
You cant even acces all the files... ( i know i cant ) I mean that they are just not showing there....

Which files do you mean? I'll look into it.

Just a heads up ..... Virgin Media  is closing it's free webspace so any files that I have linked to but not uploaded will stop working soon.

Can I just say thank you very very much for your work? Salvaging a cool site like Kay's Place and additionally bringing out all these compatibility patches so we can very easily play the old games again on newer OSes without almost any effort on our part is absolutely memorable.

You're doing fantastic work. Thanks again.

I hope I speak for everyone when I say how much I appreciate this, Matt. I went back on BW1 today, and there is so much content that I wouldn't have had access to were it not for your page. There's also all the mods I've made - and others have made - over the years, countless hours spent, that are saved. It would be an awful thing for all of this to fade into non-existence, so we all owe you a great debt.

Though I wonder if you have this problem - when I go onto a sub-section in Downloads (e.g. BW2 Mods) I can only see the first page, and there are no options to access other pages.

Downloads are still a problem, unable to access more than the first page.

I don't have much time to work on this website and the patches at the moment because of work sorry guys :( I'll try and fix the downloads asap.

Wow, no activity on my favorite game in years :( ... Well, if anyone still cares about the original Black and White enough to add / fix a couple of things I think would be helpful, here's my ideas:

It looks like there is another Disciple type (Herder?) as I often see Villagers tending flocks of animals, but there is no way to set them as Disciples. Adding a way to do that would be great!

Also, is there a way to change the default Villager action of cutting down the smallest trees first and set them to cut only mature trees when they're available? What logging company wants sprouts and saplings??? :)

Wow, no activity on my favorite game in years :( ... Well, if anyone still cares about the original Black and White enough to add / fix a couple of things I think would be helpful, here's my ideas:

It looks like there is another Disciple type (Herder?) as I often see Villagers tending flocks of animals, but there is no way to set them as Disciples. Adding a way to do that would be great!

Also, is there a way to change the default Villager action of cutting down the smallest trees first and set them to cut only mature trees when they're available? What logging company wants sprouts and saplings??? :)
I am here and loving and playing the game right now! Thanks bwgame.net!!! Waiting for my BotG expansion pack to arrive now!

I'm a little late to this party but... I can't begin to express my gratitude for all this community has done to keep these games alive. I played the games as a kid and remember writing an unpolished guide or two, lol... Ah, I miss Kays' Place. But I just finished getting both games installed/patched. Thank you again, so so much! Back to Eden!

Same as Nym... many many years later, I'm still playing and enjoying this beautiful game. I've been looking through the entire internet for modding and scripting resources and I have to say I'm so grateful to the committed people who made all these tools and tutorials. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: Nym
Back