weird problem with my people at the altar

matan55

Elder
I am at level 6 all was going ok but I suddenly noticed that my people won't worship me at my altar even if there were told to worship(fogot how to spell disapol or you spell it )today i thought on building a new altar and there they do worship me
but i can't understand what happen to my first altar before that happen the japence cast a hurricane on my village and the altar was damge a bit so i fix it but i don't remmber that there was people worshiping me there so could be this the problem ?

I've been noticing some similar strange villager behavior. My problem focuses around builders and refiners. To make a complicated problem simple: at times when making disciples, they simply don't do anything.

1. I made a whole bunch of refiner disciples and they just loitered around the town center for the entire day. It wasn't until the next day that they did anything.

2. Sometimes when I place buildings (especially if they are in remote areas) the villagers seem to ignore it. Again, by the next day I seem to remember things being built properly.

Sometimes it seems like you need a full night cycle to pass until everyone gets 'reset' in the morning. Not sure if this would be the case for the altar though.

well this don't bother me now suddenly i got bigger problem the enemy soldiers going throught my walls !!! my  game got totally **** up anyone else had something like that

w.JPG

that just piss me off  the I have walls but they just pass throught it :angry:

Hey guys, try re-installing it, and installing the patch, then try again.

@matan55 some of the enemy soilders go through my walls. hoping the patch'ill help.

matan55 said:
well this don't bother me now suddenly i got bigger problem the enemy soldiers going throught my walls !!! my  game got totally **** up anyone else had something like that

that just piss me off  the I have walls but they just pass throught it :angry:

Do you have version 1.1 yet? I've noticed with 1.1 that my soldiers can go through the walls sometimes. I'm not up to a land where I get attacked very much yet, and I'm curious if this problem is still in 1.1. If it is, you may want to post it over on the official forums where the devs will see it (if it's not there already).

I thought I saw Dero make a mention of the happening.

There's just too many threads to wade through over there. :rolleyes

well I past to level 7 so the problem has stop it was just weird they go through the my walls
and yes i do have the patch already for now the soldiers not going through my walls and i hope it won't come back it was very annoying

Kays said:

Hehe, yeah, there was like 13 new pages in less than 24 hours...

Oh and when I got archers, I told them to attack the guys outside my walls, so they started shooting, and the warriors ran through my walls to attack the archers... Also, my creature had a creature fight with a creature on the other side of the walls...

Kays said:
I thought I saw Dero make a mention of the happening.

Yeah, that's quite a war zone over there. Quite a few people can't even get the game started, or are experiencing huge lag. I find this very interesting since these problems all revolve around high end systems. I saw the same thing with a game called Stronghold 2 that came out a few months ago (which also had a problem with units going through walls ironically). All of us with lower-end systems were fine, but anyone with a nice new computer grinded to a halt even though they should be taring through the game. There has to be some correlations. I was thinking about building a new system, but now I'm not so sure...

matan55 said:
well I past to level 7 so the problem has stop it was just weird they go through the my walls
and yes i do have the patch already for now the soldiers not going through my walls and i hope it won't come back it was very annoying

Well I'm glad it's not permanent and you're able to proceed. I'm sure it will get worked out.

I'm probably stating the obvious here.  But if your disciples task is already done (full mana, no new resources to refine etc.) then they physically cant do anything until you get them some material to work with.  Like building a new altar or getting new resources.  don't know about the whole, night cycle thing, i havent noticed it but it sounds like something the game would do.    :angry:

I have an update about the refiner disciples not doing anything:

At first this seemed rather random, but I think I nailed it down. When a refiner disciple dies, the building still thinks the disciple is active (even though it displays differently) and therefore doesn't allow additional workers. All the new refiners do not have a job and loiter around the town center thinking all the refinery jobs are occupied.

I've noticed that the first crop of refiner disciples always works fine. It's when you try to replace those that died that creates the problem. It's like something isn't resetting properly when the disciple dies. Does this sounds familiar to anyone else?

[alphaBeta] said:
I've noticed that the first crop of refiner disciples always works fine. It's when you try to replace those that died that creates the problem. It's like something isn't resetting properly when the disciple dies.

So does it start to work propely if you destory the bulding and rebuild it?

On the walls thing. the only time I had it happen was when the wall wasn't completely built.

Kays said:
So does it start to work propely if you destory the bulding and rebuild it?

On the walls thing. the only time I had it happen was when the wall wasn't completely built.

Well I loaded up my save to see, and lo and behold, everything works now. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem until the new refiners age. I still think that has something to do with it though. Perhaps reloading the game and save resets something.

Back