Village advice.

Hyugoman

I need some help running my villages. I always over compensate for them. I never make disiples and if I see something runnig low I top it up for them (via miracles or just plain gathering)
If the population is getting high I manually fill the workshop with wood, then place scaffolds down and go fetch the wood for building myself.
I hear that if left to theirselves villagers will expand their own villages. Could i have some advice on how much I really need to do for them?

Look, good gods are always having to spend a lot of time on there village, at least in BW1.  I'd suggest going a bit evil and sacrificing half of them, then you would have enough power to do anything.

i kinda ignore my villagers, its like love em and leave em. As soon as they believe, i am outta there. I do feed worshippers tho, Worshippers are my friends.
Only reason i would go back to a village is if another player is really killing off buildings i will cast a bubble and if i am feeling generous they get some wood.

If i play my 'Good' profile i make sure there are houses, fields and trees and i will make disciples. i wont cast too much food or wood into the store id sooner cast water on fields or make them a new forest nearby and create some more diciples. Also i like to add some of the wood needed to build houses but not all. If they're needs are very high then i will cast directly into the store. But i only play my good account to micromanage and build for fun in sandbox maps.

Okay, thanks.
So villages can fend for themselves quite well? Just water the forests and the fields?
Also I don't think it's a good idea to sacrifice them. Don't they give you influence?

Although I play evil I still look after town a little bit. I would get a few farmers so you don't have to worry about food and foresters and some breeders. Sometimes I end up sacrificing everyone. Influence is important for attacking easily.

If your playing online as good or something you should just get disciples and build village a little and make sure you have shields and stuff ready for attack from other gods and send creature to impress villages near enemy and impress towns nearby your self. Once you have enough towns look after them all and increase influence rapidly. But I'm still not sure if it's possible to win as good easily. I would have thought it would be hard to impress evil gods main city if they are attacking your towns and decreasing your influence though.

I've never really played online yet, although i do hope to.
Is everyone else an Evil god then?

No, questions like this usually bring them out of the wood work because it is easier to play as evil.. :p

Your villagers will generally take care of themselves. Although they do tend to get lazy, so it is wish to make discip;e to ensuree that certain tasks get done.

I hear that if left to theirselves villagers will expand their own villages. Could i have some advice on how much I really need to do for them?

Your vilagers won't make an abobe if there isn't a blueprint layed down. You do need to lay down a scaffold for that. If you do that and as long as resources are availble to them, then they will build it.

now kays thats not necesarily true because i was playing good and i left on for the 6 hours i was at school and then a bit when i got home and when i went back to play my town had gotten bigger than it was when i left

wolfspawn said:
now kays thats not necesarily true because i was playing good and i left on for the 6 hours i was at school and then a bit when i got home and when i went back to play my town had gotten bigger than it was when i left

Did you maybe ZOOM IN?

Nah, he was just sitting closer to the monitor. :p

That's true though, in a number of maps there are "planned abodes" writen in which the villagers will build in time also.

So all I need to do personally is build abodes? They can handle the rest provided I keep the forests and fields well stocked?

According to the ancient legends, they build houses if they REALLY need them. :yes

no i think to be a good god you will have to place scaffolds and even consider putting a tree in there to get them starting.

Right, thank you.
What about diciples. Will i need any of any sort? or should I just leave them to pick jobs amongst themselves?

when i play good, i have alot of disciples for every task, except breeders i only make 2 - 3 male breeders.

Back