Lionhead Studios

Lionhead Studios submitted a new resource:

V1.2 Patch - Adds multi-player support.

Black & White Patch v1.2 Readme 17th May 2002 ***UNSUPPORTED***
=============================================

Improvements:

1) Multiplayer winning conditions
=================================
It is now possible to choose from a set conditions to win the game. Each of these winning conditions have a value that can be set, i.e. Kill 1 villager or kill 200 villagers.

The condition list to choose from is:

Number of villagers you kill
Number of villagers eaten by Creature
Number of villagers...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome. Thanks for hosting this patch. Everybody keeps telling me it fixes the XP issue, so hopefully, it does.

Thankyou for this patch, This patch worked in fixing the game for me, i tried to play with an Nvidia graphics card and and on Windows XP. The patch fixed it, and now the game works perfectly!

Thank you so much for this patch! I just downloaded it today and it does work! Thank you!
Sincerely,
Mihoshi

i have the patch downloaded and still get an error message. the problem might be with the nvivia card, but i've checked other forums and have, to my knowledge, fixed the problem. any other solutions?

bought b&w deluxe, trying to get online...connected through a LAN, and it asks for username and password?, don't know what it is talking about please help!!!

been trying to get b&w to work for a while, and this patch fixed it all. THANK YOU!!!!!

THANKS!IT FINALLY WORKS!!! POST IT ON THE OFFICIAL BOARDS!

i download the patch and i get a 'severe' saying the correct version of black and white isnt installed. i dont know what to do plz help me.

I NOW GET A MESSAGE SAYING I NEDD TO INSTALL THE GAME EVEN THOUGH IT IS AL READY INSTALLED HOW ODD

Well it worked for 3 of my comps but not my newest one it works for the orginal but not for creature island. if i download 1.3 if screws up the comp

Note:
V1.30 patch is only if you have the P5 glove
Kays

my computer won't let install it because it says Old file not found, however an old file of the same name was found. No update since file contents do not match. what the heck does that mean?

I downloaded the patch and it still does not work!
It says 'Put in correct CD'
AAAHHHHHHH
P.S any one else having problems and have download the 1v.20 patch you have to go on compatibility mode and put it on Windows 98.

Ok for who taht have a problem with the incorrect version I have the solution:
First uninstall your black and White game
Second Delete the directory because if you don't it's will not work correctly and it for this reason you have an error message about incorrect version.
Third install Black and white and the patch ten you will be able to play :). (I use windows XP Professionnel and there is no problem)

I downloaded this patch, but the problem remains... It is whenever I click in black and white, the Game minimizes. I cant play at all!

Edit:
If you're using WinXP, that is usually the result of having Hotfix KB824141 installed. Upgrading to Service Pack 2 or applying <a href="http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=348">this patch</a> should fix that problem.
Kays

awsum patch. how many levels are there in black and white coz every tim i play it stops at level 5 theres gotta boo more!

Blob i have that prob. I'm downloading the patch now, and back-uping my files, I do hope this works. And Qewrt, there ae only 5 levels in BnW yes! I know the game should have a billion levels :p but thats just the way it is :)

i had the same problem. but i fixed it by installing the patch on the meanu when it askes you to play. If you still can't play on BW i don't know what the problem is.

my computer won't let install it because it says Old file not found, however an old file of the same name was found. No update since file contents do not match. what the heck does that mean? it gose up to 96% then stops . i thought it woz awsum coz it worked on my friends com.

Back