Two Random (Well, not really) questions.

DrakeWymulf

First question, is there any way to make a skirmish map where you have an actual alliance with another god? (like in land 2, where you are allied with Khazar) And, secondly, can anyone give me a list of the standard tattoos? I want to replace a specific few with ones I made, but I can't figure out which symbol number they are.[br][br]Added: Oct 09, 2006, 12:39 AMOkay, I figured out what tattoos I wanted to replace, named them symbol3.bmp, and symbol16.bmp, and they don't show up. What am I doing wrong?

The images need to be a grey scale bitmap.

They were a grey scale bitmap  :yes . That's why I was confused. However, looking at the other custom tattoos, they have to be a 24 bit bitmap. I changed them to a 24 bit bitmap, and they showed up.

I forgot that that info is in the readme for the game.

B&W readme said:
-------------------------------------------------------------
7. How to create your own player symbols and Creature tattoos
-------------------------------------------------------------

Black & White comes with 16 pre-defined player symbols/Creature tattoos. The same images are used for both. You can replace any of these images with your own. To do so, place a 64x64 greyscale .bmp image (8-bit) called symboln.bmp (where n is a number from 1 to 16) in your profile directory (default directory will be c:\program files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\profiles\yourname\ - where yourname is the name of the profile you created). The player logo/Creature tattoo will then be available to select in the usual ways.

To swap back to the default logos/tattoos, simply delete the image files you created.

Tip: Design your logos on a black background for best results.

So did I.  :laugh2 However... back to my other question. Is there any way to make alliances and so fourth in a skirmish map, like they have in land two with Khazar?

FotD said:
I don't think so.  Maybe, but...

Yes, I agree. I think... :p

I believe the interaction of the gods is coded into the game. So probably no..

I would play an online game if I could get Phoenix to work properly. I set up a game with someone else and the rawrfin' thing wouldn't connect, it kept timing out.

Back