Turtle on bw2!

SkelApe

Elder
i found a solution to the problem that many have previously been trying to solve; ive managed to unlock a glitchless turtle on bw2! i realised the problem was the .cha file that was creating the black mist stuff around the turtle, so first i tried modifying the file and changing it but nothing seemed to work, i even tried to create a whole new ctr file and add everything but that one in it, but the .cha file adds itself anyway. after many other methods tried i found that i could just create an empty one by renaming a text file! whod have known! anyway the turtle is up for download here: http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=972

enjoy it!
SkelApe

AMAZING!

...however, is it even legal to import expansion pack content to the original B&W2? People who don't have the expansion pack shouldn't have access to expansion pack content...
Sorry if It's a stupid question, but it's just one of those things that crossed my mind.

I don't think it'll be a problem. There's been a bit of discussion on the LHS boards in the past about importing BotG models into BW2 and the only comments from the devs were technical related.

the turtle replaces the cow, yes. but with some name changing you may make it replace either the wolf, cow, lion or ape. just rename everything with bcow in the name to (if you wanted the lion for example) blion, so the files would be changed like
bcow.cha to blion.cha
bcow.csk to blion.csk
bcow.cbn to blion.cbn
bcow.ccs to blion.ccs
note: the files that were in bcow now would go in blion.

as kays has said, i dont think its a problem to import models - modding is modding  :)

glad to help, SkelApe

yeh, it does work with the zombie ape, and as a matter of fact its already up for download here: http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=967

this download is by TheCraziestMonkey

Awesome Dude you managed to do something, that everybody was trying to do your a true genius.
Definitely a +rep for ya :;):

the download number on this file is rising at some rate!  :)  any ratings?
oh and it would also be nice to know if anyone has expirienced any problems
(ie a messed up cow.) because i would like to know if im the only one who has this problem.
thanks

I couldn't find any big problems so far the only thing I don't like is that the Zombie Ape looks smaller than the other creatures at the creature selection and since I'm used to the Zombie Apes tiger grunt
I don't like the Ape grunt on it.
I haven't tried the turtle yet but I bet it's funny when you see a turtle acting like a cow :laugh2
But they're both Awesome

thanks sam.
btw, i didnt do zombie ape - i only did the turtle  :D
surprisingly enough, the turtle doesnt moo, nor does it act like a cow, which is really strange because i expected it to. i was also surprised that despite its speed the turtle is the strongest creature and kills soldiers at a much higher rate than the other creatures. as mentioned though, he doesnt get to the scene very quickly.  :p
i think the zombie ape is smaller than the other creatures because it wasnt meant to be owned by you and therefore wasnt meant to grow in size. this doesnt mean it wont grow normally though, and it doesnt affect it in any way. with the turtle its another story, because its meant to be owned on botg the  it grows normally. enjoy the turtle sam when you download it.

this topic is now hot!  :)
thanks

oh false alarm, after deleting ALL the files and then reinstalling the turtle seems to work fine again.  :woot

Wow man, you're a genius ^^
Managed to do a thing that NO ONE (I beleave) has done before. +Rep :)
Question, isnt it possible to export the noises from the turtle?

mmm i think the noises are included in the .cbn file, its a shame that they arent there. ill try and find a way to get the correct noises, its gonna b hard tho  ???  thanks for the "you're a genius" and the + rep, i really appreciate it  :D
cheers for the great feedback on this file guys
SkelApe

EDIT:
actually, the noise i think is in the .cha file, and since i had to create a new one for this to work, i think the noise went with it. i hope its not a big problem. personally i hadnt even noticed it didnt make any noise a while after it worked.

My cow is kinda choppy, hehehe, i installed the turtle, at first, all fine, started a new game, and there was the turtle, everything was fine, played a little, got out of the game. I went back later, started a new game, and there is it, a strangy thingy and cowy, when i clicked on "it", the game crashes.

ah i had the exact same problem! nothing to worry about. you may need to reinstall the game tho  :(  sorry. if you want the cow back, just replace the files you deleted before.
hope you get it fixed.

sorry about resurrecting an old topic, but you neednt re install the game to get the cow working again, Just delete thr ctr file and replace with a backed up one (from Data, not Data-Everything) Then you'll have the regular cow back. You can then safely re-install the turtle if you choose to do so.

Thanks and sorry for the bother  :p

Just a thought (doubt it will work). Instead of replacing the Cow why not release it as extra creature by modifying the Tigers files to the Turtles files and have it walk into screen like the Tiger did in the special edition. You could even try this with the Zombie Ape and use the tiger sounds like it was designed for.

Ive often considered it, but it would have some flaws. Firstly when you unlock the turtle (replacing the files with the tiger) A picture of the tiger will come up, which would look strange. Second, people would need to unlock the tiger to get the turtle whereas before there was no unlocking. Lastly its easy to change which creature the turtle replaces, so you have a choice of 4. Good idea though, ive often thought about it myself.

Back