Triangles, Everything is Triangles

dan25

i downloaded all maps and the dragon skin (OFF THIS WEBSITE )
when i put them in the right places i loaded my game and everything that moves has different coloured triangles . I have tried reinstaling and it dosnet work, please help me

Did the game work fine before the maps and the dragon skin? ???

If your using an nVidia video card try using a slightly older set of video drivers if you've got the latest or updating if you don't.

thx a million, i was playing with max graphics so i turned it down, ur the best :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :yourock:

what i don't get is that bnw2 requires a 64-bit graphics card but mine is

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 w/ 256MB of shared memory

so what's causing it to be so slow and also i tried lowering my graphics, it helped but it's still really slow.

The reason your's is slow is that the graphics card and the game are sharing both memory and the memory buss. BW2 is a very cpu intensive game and the cpu can't do it's thing effectivly becauce it needs to share access to the memory buss and the memory with the video controller.  The same goes for the video controller.

If you had a seperate video card with it's own memory onboard then the video card will use that and the cpu will have full access to the main system memory to do it's job. Even so you still need a fairly decent video card in order to play with decent detail and frame rate.

Simple the best you  can afford that fits your MB.
Decide the cash amount then look for a new G/card to fit your budget.
Anything above £m 40- £60 sterling or US$ 100 would make a big change not only in B&W but the whole Pic's performance.
Just a few things to avoid..
Less than 128m DDR.
GPU less than 200MHz
SE versions of good cards.
But you need as a basic AGP 8x or PCIe slot free to do this.

Back